Big Ten Tournament Discussion Thread

I really, really wish we could’ve reeled in Brad Davison.

We chose to offer Brooks over him right? Seems like a mistake

I believe so.

edit: Never mind, we missed.

He’s going to be a huge inconvenience to the rest of the league for another 3 years.

1 Like

Woof, Huerter just gave the game to Wisconsin with an awful case of “didn’t go meet the pass.”

1 Like

Missed a FT too. Bad finish for Maryland. Hopefully they stay in the top 75 so we maintain that Q1 road win

1 Like

No, they missed on Davison and then moved on to Brooks.

You’re correct. Looking at the timeline, we offered Davison. He committed to Wisconsin and then we offered Brooks a few days later.

I had completely forgot we offered him.

2 Likes

Davison’s going to be another Bronson Koenig. A good player, but you don’t want him to be the best player on your team.

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure that 5 second violation was low key as bad of a call as Duncan’s “travel” vs. Minny. Quickest 5 I’ve ever seen in college basketball followed by an Iowa inbound that sure as hell seemed longer.

edit: and ummmm… continuation?

3 Likes

This game hurts my eyeballs. And of course MAAR misses, to compound it all.

3 Likes

He missed two huge free throws, but Teske’s rebounding and defense in overtime was absolutely vital for winning that game.

2 Likes

Crazy how small the drop off is at the backup 5, this year. He contributes in very different ways than Moe, but Teske is so fricken valuable.

8 Likes

The official must have made a huge blunder. I didn’t understand that 5 second call at all. It definitely seemed under 3 seconds.

2 Likes

Whole bunch of thoughts on this game. Main takeaway going forward is I’m glad they (hopefully, but more than likely) got the bad shooting game out of the way, and had it happen against the weakest opponent left.

1 Like

Matthews shot that first free throw at the end so confidently, then short arms the next.

The overturned out of bounds call, the 5-second call followed by giving Iowa more time on their inbound from the same spot, MAAR’s 3rd, 4th, and 5th fouls, Ducan drawing a charge on Garza that didn’t get called; there were a lot of absurd calls. But still, shooting 56% from FT and 16% from 3…we probably didn’t deserve to win.

Also, Bardo saying “This is a Michigan team that typically doesn’t foul” :thinking:

1 Like

I went back and timed Zavier’s 5 second call. 4.04 seconds from when he picked up the ball to when he passed it. There was a hesitation from Zavier to grab the ball that may have had the ref counting sooner.

7 Likes

This game pissed me off so much. Fuck the B10 man

2 Likes

We’re going to play much better tomorrow. Interested to see if that first Nebraska game was just as much to do with tired team and schedule, or matchups

1 Like