Big Ten Tournament Discussion Thread

See Miles’ posts 1 & 2 before this one. https://twitter.com/CoachMiles

1 Like

Ah thanks for the context @UMHoopsFan and @bebopson, appreciate it!

I understand jokingly mocking it, or poking fun. That’s why I’m a Miles fan overall. However, nobody saw this type of year for Nebraska. Heck, if people did they would’ve made a ton of money on them in Vegas.

Not really related, but when a model can accurately match a typical Vegas spread, I’m going to REALLY trust that methodology.

A former Whiffenpoof, no less (now bemoaning the admission of the first woman after 110 years, in the interest of a whole bunch of nutty and then some less nutty stuff, still feh).

I kind of feel like we’d rather face Illinois. Iowa seems like the team that could trouble us more based on their personnel and I feel like they are more hit or miss as to what they’ll deliver on a given night. I just have nightmares about Bohannen and Garza getting going, catching a team a little rusty in the first 10 minutes - the Illini have some players, too, of course, just ones that I find more predictable.

I feel good about our first game, but I’m still terrified about our first game.

1 Like

I’m sure I’m the lone guy wearing the black hat on this one, but I’m not a fan of things like this. Furthermore I would say that it’s questionable whether Street’s parents, while they were not against Bohannon’s intentional miss, agreed that the act was in line with how Chris Street himself viewed the game.

Christopher would want him to do to the best he could do and stay after it, but that was Jordan’s decision, and if that’s what he wanted to do, then we appreciate it. We certainly in the future want him to get another shot at it.

2 Likes

How about stories like these Tom?!

3 Likes

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I actually read the article. It’s a Super Bowl Week special. Thankfully I didn’t see any quotes about honoring the game. Gronk was clearly about honoring other things.

3 Likes

I’m not really sure who I want to win this game. Can’t quite come to a conclusion about who Michigan would have an easier time with

Illinois’ offense looks horrific early on here against Iowa. Hawkeyes out to a big 17-5 lead early.

I want Iowa. The more we can see a zone this week the better.

1 Like

What is Illinois’ record in the BTT? It seems like they are one and done an awful lot

Iowa was 2-11 since they won in 2006

Well, I think we definitely are ending up with the scarier team of the two. Illinois was pretty limited.

Have to imagine Cook won’t be as cooperative as he was the last time we faced him. They certainly have some athletes and some size. Oh well, wish they had ended up going to overtime :thinking:

1 Like

Take a deep breath, we’ll be okay! :slight_smile:

Luka Garza is 37-58 his last five games.

1 Like

I’m even more nervous than I would be if I weren’t going. Usually it’s the opposite, but man, I want to see us go on a run at The Garden. It would be unreal. If we can get off to a decent start, I’ll feel much better.

1 Like

Got off to two pretty good starts last year at the Garden vs MU and SMU. If memory serves, MAAR and Duncan both played well in the first game. Don’t remember much from Mo.

Moe had the monster dunk!

2 Likes

What a disastrous year for Minnesota. From a #14 ranking early in year to only 15 wins. That said, Washington has a bright future.

I gave Rutgers no chance last night. Looks like I underestimated Rutgers’ heart and the Richard Pitino difference.

1 Like