U-M to host 'Michigan Madness' on October 21st

3 Likes

Notably missing from the agenda: a scrimmage.

4 Likes

Seems that could be the price of having both men’s and women’s team involved, there is only so much time in an evening. Still, it would have been nice to have a scrimmage.

4 Likes

Juwan being secretive again​:wink::thinking:
I hope Frankie, Kobie and Moussa are in the Dunk Comp. The 3pt Comp will be interesting. I’m certain Maddie Nolan and Leah Brown will probably shoot for the gals I know. The guys I would guess be Eli, Adrian Nunez, Kobi , and Caleb maybe BJJ.

2 Likes

I have to imagine Kobeieio would crush that contest.

2 Likes

I think they should add a post move contest and feature Juwan, Hunter, and Naz :joy:

11 Likes

Every year that I was a part of Maize Rage we would have Beilein come to a meeting and every year someone would ask him about hosting a midnight madness type event. He would always give a resounding no; Howard definitely has bit of a different style to say the least :rofl:

Also I could be wrong but I feel like I’ve seen schools bring in recruits to these kinds of events, not sure we have anyone left in '22 to host but could be a fun event to get some future recruits out to (albeit a little late notice.)

2 Likes

He did have one once. The year after Michigan made the NCAAT the first time. Novak won the dunk contest. Then the team was really bad and he never did one again.

4 Likes

Yeah I remember when people brought up that one he made it clear he didn’t look back on it fondly

3 Likes

Could we be getting some form of scrimmage at pro day?

Pro day was Saturday, right?

1 Like

Apparently! I just realized like 10 seconds ago

1 Like

LOL, LOL, LOL. LOL.

2 Likes

It was a legit dunk! I was there, though this isn’t my video.

It’s the exact same dunk Reddit was pumping Hunter Sallis up about.
https://www.reddit.com/r/CollegeBasketball/comments/q4ukru/hunter_sallis_wins_gonzagas_dunk_contest_with_a/

6 Likes

Yeah; I almost tweeted this out over the weekend. Basically the same dunk

2 Likes

I just hope Livers isn’t in it. He probably won’t be, but I’m a worrier.

3 Likes

I also remember attending some sort of preseason “open practice” event that involved a 3 point contest between the men’s and women’s team that I think Katelyn Flaherty(?) won?

3 Likes

Correct. She beat DRob of all people!

2 Likes

I am surprised they are not doing one

@umhoops Unfortunately I won’t be able to make it. Can I assume you will have lots of coverage/video of this event?