No mention, but any idea if it is televised this year?
Having watched the stream of the last one… I hope not
Yeah that was brutal. My wife will be happy I’m not making her sit through that again lol
Just listening to the pod on Llewelyn. Princeton really doesn’t run the Princeton offense per se like the old days. Henderson is way more modern and the played pretty fast or much faster than they used to. And their big is not a traditional Princeton big. Really like Ethan Happ. Llewelyn was great getting it to him in good spots. I would imagine he would be very good running ball screens once he gets used to the elevated talent level, speed and athleticism. Or even just getting it to Hunter in the right spots.
Dance contest part 2! Get pumped!
Attended in person last year. Immediately afterwards pushed my calendar ahead 12 months to insert a Reminder, that absent a significant format change, to be out of state in 2022. Or in the hospital. Dunk contest where no one can successfully dunk. Dance-offs…
Count me in
So, again, does anyone know if it’s being streamed anywhere? I’m glad I’m not the only one who thought it was a complete bust last year and was very happy I didn’t drive down to AA for it, BUT, if it’s streaming somewhere, I’d probably check it out!
I WILL say this, I think the new format is for the kids, not old guys like me. I really want to see the kids go up and down the floor a bit. Dunk contests and three-point shooting contests are OK, if the guys can dunk or make three pointers, but dance offs and DJ’s, no thanks! Again, though, I don’t think I was their intended audience, and that’s OK. Now, the $50 event, that’s probably aimed more at alums!
I haven’t heard anything - I know over at MGoBlog they’re asking the same question and trying to figure out if it starts at 6 or 6:30. No one has posted whether it will be televised. I’m assuming our fearless leader will have first hand reports for us as the night unfolds.
I don’t think it is televised. We probably won’t have much coverage from it unfortunately, but there wasn’t much to go off of at last year’s coverage wise with no scrimmage or anything.
Thanks, Dylan. I really don’t think last year’s event was ready for “primetime.” We’re all just so starved of the opportunity to watch something, anything, that is Michigan Basketball.
Yeah, I’d much prefer a scrimmage of any sort but what are ya gonna do.
It’s at 6:30 though, for those asking:
6:30 PM - Michigan Madness begins
- Team Introductions - Meet the full roster of players and coaches from the men’s and women’s teams.
- Q&A Session - Hear from Coach Barnes Arico and Coach Howard as they break down the season outlook and the excitement of the 2022-23 teams.
- 3-Point Contest - Players from both the men’s and women’s teams will square off as they dial it up from long distance.
- Dance Off - See which team has the better moves as the men’s and women’s teams show off their moves on the dance floor.
- Knockout - Watch as members of the men’s and women’s teams along with members of the Maize Rage compete to see who is the last standing.
- Shooting Challenge - See members of the women’s team compete with the Maize Rage to see who are the best shooters from all over the court.
- Dunk Contest - Select players from the men’s team will compete above the rim in this first-time event. Who will win? Maybe you, the fan, will help decide?
8:00 PM - Event Concludes
Alex Toohey is going to be impressed by the dance-off
It’s interesting that they are listing the dunk contest as a “first-time event.” I’m guessing that’s because, while they had it last year, no one completed a made dunk!
Sounds like they want to forget about it and pretend it never happened
This does not feel like a good sign