Video: Inside Michigan Madness 2021-22

2 Likes

Dunk contest was rough. But after watching every video in this post, and it took a while (my wife was annoyed that I spent time on Michigan basketball even before the season started) I know right now that Frankie is going to be my favorite player for the years to come. Iā€™ve read enough on umhoops that he wonā€™t do much as a freshman, but I think heā€™s going to become something special. Love this kid and his confidence

7 Likes

Agree, Jivan, with everything you said. I will say, though, after 51 years of being married to a Michigan Basketball ā€œjunkieā€ my wife is over getting annoyed with my obsession for Michigan Basketball. She actually felt bad for me when I told her the live stream of the festivities last wasnā€™t particularly exciting. Edit: I know the kids on the team, including the amazing ā€œkidā€ in charge :wink:, had a lot of fun last night as did the students in attendance!

Frankie is a special kid, great personality, confidence, and skills. I think weā€™ll feel the same way about Kobe, too. They are two kids with effusive energy and magnetic personalities who will bring such energy to the fanbase! I am excited for the season to begin! Go Blue!!! :blue_heart:

3 Likes
10 Likes

Wait, so Adrien Nunez wins the 3-pt contest but isnā€™t in the dance contest? Gotta question the coaching decisions, but I guess it worked out. :rofl:

6 Likes

My only thought is Adrien only will dance and use his tik tok skills for a price Michigan couldnā€™t match :joy:

13 Likes

ā€¦ā€¦Am I overreacting for being really concerned about our three point shooting this year after watching Houstan shoot brick after brick in the contest? That wasā€¦ā€¦really bad.

Yes, you are.

12 Likes

Ok, thatā€™s a relief.

1 Like

He was terrible from the top of the key, pretty good from the corners. Something to keep in mind.

2 Likes

I assume this is just concern trolling but I would not read anything into anything that happened in that ā€œ3-point contestā€ unless you are worried about how someone is going to shoot an hour before games when they are warming up.

3 Likes

I assume this is just concern trolling

Why would I be ā€˜concern trollingā€™?

I would say that worrying about someoneā€™s shooting based off of a single 3 point contest seems a bit disingenuous. Especially when thereā€™s a MUCH larger sample size of Caleb being an elite in game shooter against top talent.

4 Likes

I will have significant concerns about Houstan if he is wearing warmup pants during a game

6 Likes

Isnā€™t it easier to shoot during warm-ups and shooting drills without hands in your face than during actual game time?

3 Likes

Small sample size, but Houstan seems to struggle from distance when thereā€™s another ball flying at the hoop at the same time.

12 Likes

I was more concerned with the rebounding during the three point contest. They werenā€™t really getting after the ball with enough effort. Probably going to be one of the worst rebounding teams in the conference now.

12 Likes

On paper it might be, but itā€™s still got to be a lot easier to shoot when youā€™re warm. Plenty of shooters have said they prefer to shoot in the flow of a game. Iā€™ve seen clips of Caleb hitting 20+ 3s in a row in an open gym. That tells you just as much about Calebā€™s ability as his performance last night does. Which is virtually nothing besides the fact that he has one of the most picture perfect shots Iā€™ve ever seen.

And again, even if Calebā€™s shooting in the contest last night was representative of his shooting ability, the sample size is just way too small to make any kind of judgement.

4 Likes

Iā€™m far more concerned with all the guys that canā€™t dunk! Are we in trouble on run-outs and breakaways??

I kid, I kid.

4 Likes

Iā€™m more concerned at Zebā€™s lackluster dance moves, and getting shown up by 2 bigs like that.

1 Like