Podcast: The Michigan basketball recruiting episode

2 Likes

I prefer separate pods.

7 Likes

If the two teams are 1, 2 in the B1G standings (like last season) or are in talks to get the same recruits, I think, then, a blended podcast would make sense.

Yeah, we would definitely do a combined one before say the MSU-UM game or something like that. Or maybe after Big Ten Media Day, or before the Big Ten/ACC Challenge.

The idea is that now we can also do one after the Champions Classic or after the Battle 4 Atlantis. Stuff like that.

3 Likes

Overall, I think the podcasts are terrific. They definitely bring additional value to the site.

I know it’s not easy to do, but if you were ever able to bring on a guest or two from a rival site, like theonlycolors.com, Inside The Hall,prior to a B1G game - or a former player, like a Dakich, it would be interesting to gauge those perspectives.

But DB you do a tremendous job! Bravo brotha!

4 Likes

I prefer the combined podcast, because i like when it leads to convo about the entire big ten, like the power rankings etc.

2 Likes

I think the Big Ten stuff will still be in the cards too. Maybe on its own, or tacked on, TBD. We like talking Big Ten hoops, just hard in the offseason.

3 Likes

The expectation is that U-M will host five-star center Walker Kessler, five-star wing Jaden Springer, five-star guard Nimari Burnett, four-star center Hunter Dickinsonand four-star forward Lance Ware during those first two weeks. Four-star point guard commitment Zeb Jackson will also be on campus for one of the two weekends.

2 Likes

Yep – think we hit on all of those names as visitors in the pod.

1 Like

Yep, just reiterating it and put it in the thread here because you mentioned them

1 Like

What about Christopher?

1 Like

Other top targets, such as 4-star forward Jaemyn Brakefield, 4-star forward Henry Coleman and 5-star wing Josh Christopher are also expected to visit campus, although those visits will likely take place later.

These are all just quotes from the article

I personally like it if they’d isolate Christopher’s visit in particular. Can focus just on him and sell him on being the guy.

6 Likes

Yeah agreed. I hope they roll out the red carpet and tell that him that he is domino number one - At UK you will be a part of the crowd, at Michigan you will be the man!

Yeah that’s a good idea for Cristopher. UK can sell the Fab 5 type thing, so probably best to give a different pitch

2 Likes

Is there a thread specifically for who and when prospects are going to visit?

I agree and let Mr. Christopher know that he is the man. He was the first offer and would be an excellent first commit for Juwan Howard.

No there isnt. The information that we have right now is a few spots above and also mentioned in the podcast.

I will work on bringing back the visits page. Always is useful around this time of year.

Right now, there aren’t a lot of finalized dates (other than Lance Ware on Sept 5th) but there is a group of prospects who are expected on OVs the first two weekends: Ware, Burnett, Kessler, Springer, Dickinson and Zeb Jackson.

4 Likes

Bringing back the visit tracker:

4 Likes