Michigan Women's Hoops

Not winning this tourney lol.

1 Like

i love that iowa has the worst offense in history in football and it’s like both of their basketball teams have decided “it’s up to us”

7 Likes

Thank you for that.

Selection show is in a hour. Probably looking at a 5 or 6 seed.

1 Like
4 Likes

Michigan a 6 seed. Playing UNLV

LSU is a tough draw as a 3 seed. They’ve lost only 2 games lol

3 Likes

Their schedule is pretty soft though. No marquee non-conference game. Got blown out by South Carolina and lost to Tennesee in the SEC Tournament. They’re a good team but I’m not sure if they’re battle tested

1 Like

I don’t think the schedule matters one bit. It’s an absolutely brutal draw as a 3-seed. They’re #4 nationally in overall tempo-free efficiency – ahead of UConn, Iowa, and Maryland and a nose behind #3 IU. They were clearly dinged for their schedule, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t very good.

Mulkey seems like an awful person, but she’s a proven commodity as a coach. That soft schedule just gave them time to gel for the postseason. I’m not saying it can’t happen, but it would be a definite upset if Michigan won and by far their best win of the season. And it would have to happen in Baton Rouge.

Michigan really cost themselves in their last few games, falling from a 3-seed to a 6-seed in the last few weeks. But even as a 6-seed this is a really rough draw.

Kind of the inverse of the year the 3-seeded Michigan men drew 6-seeded Houston. Houston was a KenPom top 10 team that year and a brutal draw. At least that game gave us the Jordan Poole shot!

But hey, let’s hope I’m horribly wrong and the women put together a memorable Sweet 16 performance!

5 Likes

Where are you finding tempo free stats for women’s basketball?

Herhoopstats.com is usually good.

1 Like

That coach of theirs…the former Baylor coach…I’m not a fan.

1 Like

:point_up: What Dylan said.

UofM commit. Congrats, Macy!

12 Likes

Here we go! Wait, there’s wrestling on.

I have a shoot at 4pm, so I’ll be watching most of this on delay. Go Blue!

Uuuuugly game all around so far. No one on either team can shoot, and Michigan came out really struggling to rebound.

They’ve picked up the rebounding since then, but this has not been a pretty game to watch so far from either side.

Maddie heard me.

Tell you what: the ladies came to play on defense! They’re struggling to find any rhythm on offense (he says while they have a 13-point lead…) but there’s no question about their defensive intensity today!

6 Likes

Keep the updates coming. I’m working and thus not watching any live games and there are too many to keep up with the scores. Feel free to throw regular updates in here for those of us stuck in meetings!

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t have ESPNU either so I can’t watch any of it

1 Like