Game 25: Michigan at Penn State Open Thread

Officiating crew for Michigan at Penn State: Paul Szelc, Lewis Garrison, and Rob Riley.

For those who get excited about this kind of thing: Lewis Garrison officiated both Michigan’s losses this year. Wolverines are 1-2 when he is in the crew.

:wink:

6 Likes

How is Watkins as a post scorer? Obviously he had a nice game against Michigan last time, but I’ve always thought he was more of a “blocks and dunks” big man than a “hook you to death” guy.

I guess the question stemming from that is can we defend him and Stevens well in a Teske foul trouble situation?

Counterpoint: Michigan is undefeated in games officiated by Paul Szelc (3-0) and Rob Riley (3-0)!

2 Likes

He’s not Ethan Happ or Luka Garza, but he’s OK and they will post him up. Several of his baskets in the first game were post up plays IIRC.

You definitely remember correctly. Wasn’t sure if those were aberrations or normal.

Thanks Carsen Edwards!!

1 Like

Wow, really packed there in State College.

Perhaps the fans are just arriving late from work, at, er, 8:30 pm.

I just saw a kid in the student section had a Villanova jersey on to troll Michigan. I wish I could go back to being that young and dumb again.

Ok, 6” of snow, defensible.

Anyone here going to Minneapolis?

Always good too see a charles 3

1 Like

Great sign for CM

Could we get a Walton-esque finish from Matthews this season? That’d be nice.

Good Poole vision too

I’ll be in Minneapolis.

1 Like

Penn state switching so much that it almost looks like they’re playing zone

So no jump ball ref?

1 Like

How was a jump not called there at some point?

Who was the center we had recently who was noticeably great at outlet passes to start fast breaks?

Mitch McGary?