Michigan Women's Hoops

Oh no. That’s not good at all.

2 Likes

With a lot of players going in. Do you think Barnes arico is stepping away?

this should be good

ah crap he beat me

I find it interesting that KBA is probably bringing in her best recruiting class ever but the current roster are entering the portal

It’s so Kim Barnes Aricover

That stings. Really strange.

Without a doubt it’s her best recruiting class.

At least the article says there’s a chance she returns.

@BigBoutros get some of that NIL over to the Women’s side of things!

5 Likes

Evans in portal. Got be a coaching change coming soon.

Why would they transfer in advance of an announcement?

Either it’s bad luck, bad culture, or the young kids scaring people, or a mix of all 3

2 Likes

Not a chance. Before KBA came the Lady Wolverines were not even sniffing the tournament.

At least women’s basketball has gotten to the point it has its own doom poster who asks rhetorical questions and never reads the answers to them

7 Likes

Okay, like, seriously…what’s happening here? That’s now Cam Williams, Elise Stuck, Taylor Williams, Taylor Woodson, Laila Phelia, and Chyra Evans in the portal. That’s two current starters and the next two people off the bench. Taylor Williams likely would have been a starter next year as well.

Assuming Sollom got a firm handshake, that leaves Jordan Hobbs, Macy Brown, Greta Kampschroeder, and Alyssa Crockett on the team currently.

Something has to be going on, right?

2 Likes

i mean, I was gonna ask you, man!

6 Likes

Either warde not paying these kids or bad culture.

There is the Michigan fan default. Must be Warde’s fault somehow.

11 Likes

Throw in the 2024 incoming freshmen. You have the current roster of

G: Holloway, Olson, Swords, Brown, Hobbs, Kampschroeder
F: Crockett, Delfosse, Dunbar

That’s a pretty thin and inexperienced frontcourt with very little experience at G.

3 Likes

If kba needs nil she needs to go out and raise it herself, not enough resources, time or interest for the collectives to do it. Outside of football and basketball, slush fund nil is 99% coach driven.

Need Mila Holloway to help tamper Aden

With the seniors, getting a grad year at Michigan is far from a given. I think we’d have retrained a few departures from both basketball (W) and softball if getting in was easier.

As for the others, I don’t know what to say. From my perspective, next year seems like a great situation to come back to.

We seemingly don’t have a bag to throw (aside from seeing some players doing headphone ads on social) but, if we did, I’d throw it at Hailey Van Lith. But, I think she’s in her grad/covid-shirt year, so who knows?