Michigan Women's Hoops

That’s a rhetorical question I assume

1 Like

She’s a generational talent who has done a ton for women’s basketball breaking a national record. That leads to responses which are not the same as they might be to others. Pro golfers have fellated Tiger for is otherworldly talent and impact on the game for 25+ years while simultaneously trying to kick his behind. I’m not sure why this is different.

2 Likes

I am merely questioning it because it happened before the game. You can still believe all the things you said but still want to beat her. Just seems you’re admitting defeat before the game.

4 Likes

You’re saying that writing a note meant they had given up?

Based on how they played, yes

It was still a close game in the 3rd quarter.

1 Like

They played like a mediocre bubble team playing on the road at a top 5 team with the NPOY in front of a sold out lively crowd

2 Likes

They covered the spread! In ncaaw the top teams are way way better than the bubble teams

Too many pivotal losses at home this year. Minnesota, Nebraska and now Sparty. Don’t think they make the tournament at the moment. :frowning:

Yeah no chance they make it. Arico decent coach but I don’t think she is final four coach.

Yeah cause there’s like 8 final four coaches in all of WBB. Very big of you to call her a decent coach though. That’s big growth for you

2 Likes

Tough one today.

2 Likes

KBA has done well at Michigan, but this is clearly a down year compared to what she has done in the past few years.

Shooting and taking care of the ball has to be a priority for KBA, but taking care of the ball has never been a strength under KBA.

1 Like

Phelia struggled when unquestionably the top of the scouting report, struggled to replaced Brown and Kiser…of all the transfers, Hansen was really the only one who worked out, and she was basically a Nolan replacement

The fact we basically played 11 people every game suggests we had a hard time finding the right combos.

If they make the tourney this year, that will be a successful season, IMO.

Then, senior season Phelia plus two McD A-A’s should have things trending back in the right direction. I could see Cam Williams using her Covid shirt. She’s starting to take a solid step forward.

1 Like

Yeah, they need to find the top-scoring option. Phelia is good, but she’s better off if her role scales down to the #2 option.

That’s not realistic. Who is going to supplant her as #1 scoring option? She’s been really good as the #1 option. IMO, our main issue is turnovers, especially when pressed. One of the current freshmen or next years highly rated freshmen may help. Three point shooting has to be better and more consistent. It would also be nice if Cam Williams establishes herself inside, which she’s shown signs of doing this season.

Can you say turnovers are the main issue when every KBA team turns the ball over a lot? It’s just baked into the system. This team doesn’t turn it over any more than previous UM teams.

2 Likes

Just need more top end talent like Phelia. Also need more athleticism overall. Considering how slow we usually are, KBA has done well. Kind of an overachieving program.

I think Olson has a chance to be a true superstar, and maybe right away if KBA can get over her extreme aversion to playing freshmen.

Yes, I can. Beilein had poor rebounding teams and aversion to fouling as main tendencies for years. Then he tweaked his approach significantly. KBA can do the same.