Michigan Women's Hoops

What a nightmare start. Almost perfect start from Indy.

1 Like

So is Indiana going to ever miss again?

They missed one three. 93% accuracy. Sheeeeeesh

2 Likes

One good thing about Peacock is that there are more women’s games on BTN. Tonight 8:00.

4 Likes

Both Syla Swords and Olivia Olson were named McDonald’s All-Americans.

7 Likes

Big time win tonight to get to 14-6! Beat Maryland in Overtime! Lost Hansen to ejection and girls still pulled through!!

6 Likes

They must be in that bubble-zone.

Michigan is 2:17 minutes away from a big B1G win on the road at Penn State. They’re up 13.

5 Likes

Recruit update Syla Swords is playing for Team Canada in their Olympic qualifying tournament. She just entered the game. Missed a shot got her own rebound and fed a girl for a basket.

3 Likes

Real good chance Caitlin Clark breaks the record against Michigan unless she gets 39 this weekend.

I don’t know who Iowa is playing but, if it’s a home game, I think she’ll drop a 40-piece.

https://twitter.com/CanBball/status/1756744613216371081?t=lwEQEyx7GHDGor1YhN5rAA&s=19

Syla Swords #12

6 Likes

Clark will break the record against Michigan. Clark got the goose egg in the 4th as they collapsed against Nebraska

Yeah, really unfortunate that Michigan gets to bear the brunt of that. After the collapse down the stretch against Nebraska, Clark might put up 50 as Iowa beats Michigan by like 30+. I think I saw tickets are going for $500 to get in. It’s going to be a brutal environment to play in. Just a really tough situation for the Michigan women to walk into.

Hoping Phelia is healthy, but if she’s even iffy I’d rather just keep her on the bench and get her healthy for the home game vs MSU this weekend. That game is much more important for their postseason hopes than this one.

3 Likes

I see we’re “last four in” at the moment

Michigan perimeter defense isn’t equipped to stop Clark. That’s an unfortunate thing. Hopefully, there’s pressure for her to break it in front of the crowd that she’ll take uncharacteristic shots. Then again, her bad shots are different than most player’s bad shot and she has the green light to shoot it from the logo.

https://x.com/john_fanta/status/1758297871177142313?s=46&t=SywsRwjImAPP0DFzyXGjwg
Caitlin is incredible

7 Likes

Michigan wasn’t going to beat Iowa. Caitlin was getting whatever she wanted and there’s not a damn thing Michigan can do to stop her. WBB needs to adjust to her and guard her the moment she cross the half court line

1 Like

49-burger.

1 Like

What’s up with Michigan players writing Caitlin heart-felt notes before the game? I mean they weren’t going to prevent her from getting the record but on the other hand its kind of weird. I mean you’re competing against her. Congratulate her after the game.