Michigan reveals 2018-19 roster with updated heights and weights

Castleton’s got quite a ways to go. 15 lbs. lighter than Wagner’s listed weight freshman year.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update…looking forward to the Sandman’s Tweet regarding increased vertical’s.

2 Likes

And before and after photos

1 Like

lol, i know. @ 210 I think we need to be cautious with our first year expectations for the big man. Camp Sanderson is going to totally transform him though. I can’t wait for the before/after.

2 Likes

I think when the athleticism numbers are revealed will mean more than weight for the returning players.

2 Likes

Only one senior.

It’s worth noting that the weights suggest this will be a very different looking front line than we’ve seen under Beilein at UM. Livers, Johns, and Iggy are a far cry from the days of Smote or Wilson as a Freshman at center. Add Mathews, Teske, and Davis and there is little chance that anyone will call this group soft.
Coincidentally, Izzo’s young players need some serious S&C and might just get pushed around by UM this year.

3 Likes

So if both Simpson and DDJ are “6’0””

Does that mean David is 5’9” too

6 Likes

I did’t realize Teske weighed 260 lbs. He’s big!

1 Like

…and he’s not even really a Senior.

Not sure I believe Iggy is 10 pounds less than Johns and only 10 pounds more than Nunez

It’s his 4th year in college right?

The thing that stands out to me the most is actually Austin Davis. Listed as a Jr. I know that he has two years of eligibility after this season, but it really should be a make or break season for him. JMo had rounded into form by his Jr year and that is what I would hope for Davis. I am excited to see how the minutes get spread around at the 5 this year

All players are listed as their actual year in school without any redshirts taken into account. I think that is something Michigan does for football too. I think Matthews being listed as a senior is telling though, the plan is for this to be his final year at Michigan.

1 Like

Yes! Let’s get in to a 100 response thread argument about what class Matthews should identify with!

2 Likes

woooo! Pre Season!! Let’s also argue about how tall JB is, get that elusive consensus

He can identify in any way he wants. It’s 2018

1 Like

Is there really an argument here? Michigan lists players by the number of years they’ve been in college. FR|SO|JR|SR|GRAD.

3 Likes

Yeah I realize the protocol being taken. I guess more than anything it just didnt feel like this will be Austin Davis’s 3rd year in the program and that this should be a pretty pivotal year for him IMO

1 Like