Michigan unveils 2023-24 roster with updated heights, weights

4 Likes

Roster/player bios updated.

1 Like

I have no idea how to read into the “academic year” posted on the roster.

Tschetter is listed as a RS-So (doesn’t seem like “academic year” while Jace is listed as a junior (when academically he should be a senior?).

Obviously that’s meant to imply he’s using his COVID year, but doesn’t seem “academic”:

Career Eligibility Note
• Electing to use the NCAA’s one-time additional eligibility rule in response to Covid-19
• Will have two years of eligibility remaining following the 2022-23 season

1 Like

Are Nkamhoua’s height and weight the same as last season?

He was at 236 at Tennessee last year. So, essentially.

He weighed in at 229 at the G-League Elite Camp, though. 6-8.25 without shoes.

1 Like

So his shoes weigh 7 pounds, noted.

2 Likes

FWIW… sounds like this is a product of how some people want to be listed and just sort of is what it is. Don’t assume that it means something more than it means.

As in, there’s no actual difference between Jace/TWill’s class/eligibility. They are just listed differently.

All kind of an odd product of where this whole thing is at with class years and eligibility years.

1 Like

Too late, already preparing for a 5th year of Jace

1 Like

Well, I would definitely plan on that right now based on how he is listed, and his bio says " *Electing to use the NCAA’s one-time additional eligibility rule in response to Covid-19."

He’s listed as a junior because he wants to be listed as a junior.

2 Likes

Why is no one wearing the now allowed 6-9 digits?!

2 Likes

Right, no intention of being honored at Senior Night, whereas TWill clearly will.

1 Like

Really wish they would fix the roster for Tarris to either C or G. F was ok last year, but it’s now totally fake.

1 Like

IMG_8893

5 Likes

Dug is 6’8” now they botched that

2 Likes

the reason the post minimum is 10 characters is that’s all it takes to write “BigGuard U”

this joke worked better before I realized I was miscounting

So the roster is 11 scholarships and 4 walk ons.
whats happening with the Perez Visit next week end? Is it still happening?

1 Like

My understanding is that the roster being updated doesn’t mean that Michigan is done making roster additions.

Not really a surprise, but worth pointing out.

3 Likes

Burnett is listed as a Grad. student, but I thought he had three years to play yet. What’s the truth?

1 Like

i mean, he is a grad student. he graduated in three years and came here for a grad degree. that’s how michigan was able to get him in. has nothing to do with eligibility.

he’s technically eligible for three(?) more years. but, uh, i bet he’s not thinking “i’ll still be in ann arbor in three years”

4 Likes

He’s a graduate transfer but he has three years of eligibility.

This is what I’m talking about with the listing doesn’t make any sense for some players (ie Jace as a junior). There needs to be two different columns.

3 Likes