Michigan players listed on Moneyball rosters

1 Like

Yeah, this was inevitable after I drove up last week and didnā€™t drive up today. :expressionless:

14 Likes

Not on subject but I hear the Wolverines players signed up for the summer Moneyball games did not show up. Does anyone know what happened there?

Livers and Nunez are there tonight

Moneyball is basically organized pick up. Sometimes guys donā€™t show. Michigan players have to drive an hour to get there, so they will probably no show more often than not. Michigan State guys live a few minutes away and still miss plenty of games.

As @DeAngeloVickers said, Isaiah and Adrien are there tonight. Sounds like MSU players all no showed today.

1 Like
3 Likes

For moneyball game Adrien Nunez looked pretty impressive. Looks like he can shoot!

1 Like

do you expect Adrien Nunez to get any playing time next year?

All this talk about how Michigan needs more shooting ā€¦ meanwhile they have a 6ā€™6 sophomore with the purest jump shot youā€™ll ever see :joy:

I would caution against reading too much (anything?) into Moneyball in any direction.

4 Likes

Still, some highlights are better than no highlights. Thanks for finding the link in the LSJ.

3 Likes

Literally all we need Nunez to do is hit 3s and play respectable defense this year. If he doesnā€™t play much its because he canā€™t do one or canā€™t do both.

You make it sound easy.

3 Likes

Definitely worth a watch. Just donā€™t want people leaping to conclusions.

1 Like

Man, Andrien Nunez sure did look good at the pro money ballā€¦ he might surprise.

details? ā€¦

Doug Anderson sighting!

The video is linked aboveā€¦ As I said above, Iā€™d caution you not to look too hard at Moneyball performances.

Sure, he looked good but this is glorified pickup. I donā€™t think there is really anything to glean from it.

Guys I was there. Lemme just reiterate these are highlights. This shows like 10% of the total game. From what I seen, some of the early conclusions are not true at all. Like @umhoops said, being a 3 and D guy isnā€™t as easy as it sounds even though shooting is Nunezā€™s strength. And Liversā€™ handles need a lot of work still. I didnā€™t notice much improvement if at all. Very high and loose handles. Couldnā€™t get by anyone.

Most impressive player there yesterday was Devin Oliver. Former Dayton standout and also a fellow Kalamazoo Central alum like Isaiah. Doug Anderson is a K Central alum too. Oliver and Nunez had some good stretches of going at each other though.

7 Likes