Game 19: Illinois at Michigan Open Thread

The game was there to be won, just too many empty trips in the last few minutes. The under 4 minute results below

• Teske missed 3
  • Simpson 2 missed FTs
  • Davis missed layup
  • DDJ made jumper
  • DDJ missed jumper
  • Davis missed layup
  • Davis missed FT
  • Wagner 2 missed FTs
  • Teske missed jumper

Just will not win a game like that

7 Likes

Itā€™s one of those years where they just canā€™t get right. There were things they could have done differently earlier in the game but in the end it was still their game. Just donā€™t have it mentally this year.

I agree ā€œthe season is toastā€. Even if we had Livers for the rest of the season we would be a mediocre team. Letā€™s face it: Atlantis was an anomaly. We played above our heads and caught better teams at a vulnerable time. We have reached our mean. We are not a good shooting team, the floor coaching is poor, our defense is inconsistent, next man up is an unproven theory. Sorry, I had to get this off my chest.

When you have the chance to go up 6 points down the stretch you absolutely should win, better team or not.

Yeah, we have so much data on this!

Thatā€™s really bad take on Beilein. He landed Jalen Wilson and Cole Bajema. Both wings.

3 Likes

Who else is in to crowd-scource dropping bags?

1 Like

With livers theyā€™d be a good team, I disagree there but without him they just canā€™t get it done consistently to win games versus good teams.

Plus Franz.

2 Likes

Really it was just a one-game anamoly, since Gonzaga is the only tournament team we played there.

2 Likes

Juwan canā€™t make players grow lmao love the internet

3 Likes

DDJ was the only player to score once clock hit 6 minutes.

2 Likes

I love Underwood, and theyā€™re definitely on the upswing, but this U of I team is not a first place in the BIG quality team. This was a lucky, lucky win.

Come on. They might be the better team but if you canā€™t see they were in control late and blew it then your going too far the other direction.

3 Likes

Oregon, Purdue (regulation/1st OT), Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois . . . weā€™ve consistently gone cold in crunch time.

5 Likes

Theyā€™ve had several games like this. Iā€™ll be having them get upset in the tournament for sure

Yup. Reminds me of Beilenā€™s first BIG winner when we lost to Ohio U in the first round.

Serious question: whenā€™s Michiganā€™s next victory?

I get heā€™s looked bad recently leading up to this game, but Iā€™m still on the ā€œplay DDJ moreā€ bandwagon. I get it, he makes some bad decisions and some inefficient shot choices, but he has what you canā€™t teach - CONFIDENCE. Right now, until others gain that back, DDJ needs to play more through thick and thin, heā€™s not scared out there.

5 Likes

If itā€™s not the next game @Nebraska I think I might log off the internet for a while

1 Like