Game 19: Illinois at Michigan Open Thread

An important note on open thread behavior: Please stick to discussing the game. If you are addressing a person with a personal attack or insult, you will lose posting privileges.

If you find a post inappropriate …

DON’T: Use insults to address another poster.

DO: Add the person to your ignored or muted users list or flag the post as inappropriate (as long as it is inappropriate, misuse of the flagging feature will also result in moderation).

DON’T: Attempt to explain to someone who you disagree with why they are a bad poster/person/troll/etc.

DO: Discuss the basketball game at hand, debate strategy, debate anything that happens on the court.

3 Likes

What is the minimum Big Ten wins to get into the NCAA tournament, say 9, if UM wants to play in that tournament they have to win today. Lots of tough road games still ahead.

He was doing shooting work against PSU too, but in sweats. I take this is at least somewhat noteworthy.

There’s no magic number of wins. It depends who they are against and where they are played.

2 Likes

We can and should win this game, Livers or not, but we will need him once we go back on the road.

1 Like

Officiating crew for Illinois at Michigan: Larry Scirotto, Kelly Pfeifer and Brian Dorsey

This matchup is a concern though. Our D takes away something they don’t mind avoiding. Just have to rebound like we did against PSU

No Terry Wymer or Lewis Garrison equals auto-win, right?

3 Likes

Livers shooting 90 minutes before the game alone has to be good news, right?

1 Like

Where does all of the Terry Wymer hate come from? Would you rather have Wymer or a guy who has only officiated a handful of Big Ten games?

2 Likes

Didn’t Wymer officiate a bunch of Michigan’s losses last year or am I thinking of another ref?

You’re thinking of Lewis Garrison or DJ Carstenson

2 Likes

Nova, UNC, Purdue, IU, @Iowa, Wisconsin, @MD, Minny BTT games last year. U-M was 7-1. The point is that he does a lot of Big Ten games so he’s going to do a lot of games that you remember.

1 Like

I’ve got Illinois +155 today… Hopefully I lose money and Livers solves all our problems.

2 Likes

For the how many league games does Michigan need to win people:

3 Likes

Win the game. Go Blue!

1 Like

Even more so when you think about the conference tourney and the wins that will be available there