Game 19: Illinois at Michigan Open Thread

2 Likes

The game at Iowa last year was one of the most poorly officiated games Iā€™ve watched. Think a lot of the hate may stem from there.

So should you judge a ref on how he officiated ONE game that your team played in? Or all of the games that he officiated? Or even all of the games that your team played in that he officiated.

I had a dream last night that Livers came back today and we were up 38-10 on Illinois in the first half. Half itā€™s come true so farā€¦

(I also somehow missed the first 40 minutes of the game in the dream and Crisler was 10% full but weā€™ll ignore those parts).

1 Like

I would prefer Stevland Hardaway Morris over Wymer.

Sounds like heā€™s just giving a possible explanation for the hateā€¦

1 Like

Not saying itā€™s right, just saying thatā€™s how it is

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™m not saying you are wrong. Iā€™m saying everyone who thinks along the lines that you are explaining is wrong. :rofl:

Isaiah Livers is back in the starting lineup for Michigan today.

13 Likes

We agree there. Idk enough about any one ref to have strong feelings one way or another. I think being at home or on the road has a much bigger bearing on officiating than who the refs are. Just the psychology of the crowd getting after you imo.

1 Like

He also did the championship game vs. Villanova ā€“ fouls sorta took us out of that game after we got off to a good start. We werenā€™t winning that game anyway, of course ā€¦

Zay getting the start should boost the confidence of the squad. Rising tide lifts all boats.

1 Like

And from that moment on, nothing bad ever happened again.

The End

1 Like

I was watching closely while the two teams warmed up. When the refs were watching Michigan shoot and run layups, the refs were simulating blocking their shots. When Illinois was running the layup lines, the refs were simulating throwing them perfectly timed bounce passes and fist pumping the made layups; especially Wymer. Probably means nothing, though.

6 Likes

That would be wonderful ehh!

It was just a joke. I donā€™t actually care one way or the other about specific referees (except for TV Ted because obvz).

Iā€™m not sure why you care so much about fans opinions on a ref.

I donā€™t particularly care, I was just curious where the sentiment comes from. Generally I think that people dislike the officials who work the most games. Not because they make mistakes at a higher rate, but because they see them make more mistakes because they watch more games they officiate.

2 Likes

First thing to watch: Where does UI use Giorgi defensively? Stashed him on Franz Wagner in the first meeting.

Looks like tens of people showed up for this one.

1 Like