Big Ten Tournament Discussion Thread

And our home win vs OSU will stay quad 1, right?

OSU should stay in the 20ā€™s comfortably barring some crazy shenanigansā€¦ thus still quad 1

1 Like

Hopefully. They were 18 rpi before game. I guess itā€™s possible they drop below 25 before section Sunday depending on other games

That loss by PSU moved Michigan up to a 4 seed on BartTorvik

5 Likes

They just need to stay top 30ā€¦ NCAA is classifying top 30 at home as Q1

1 Like

Ah ok. My mistake thought it was 25 for home wins

Quadrant 1: Home 1-30; Neutral 1-50; Away 1-75
Quadrant 2: Home 31-75; Neutral 51-100; Away 76-135
Quadrant 3: Home 76-160; Neutral 101-200; Away 136-240
Quadrant 4: Home 161-plus; Neutral 201-plus; Away 241-plus.

Seems like a win tomorrow may get us up to the 4 lineā€¦ lock for a 5. Letā€™s go Blue!

The interesting thing for psu is, does the committee not give them full credit for their q1 wins bc they were all against osu? Feel like they need to beat Purdue in semis to have a shot

Did Carr get away with a push off against Dakich on one of those late plays? It kind of looked like he did but the refs either thought Dakich was acting or just gave AD no respect.

Their RPI is still a tad high I think for the committeeā€™s likingā€¦ Think they need another W for a chance at a bid

1 Like

Iā€™m extra happy OSU lost and it makes me feel good to see Dakich lose in scarlet and gray.

Iā€™m just glad that the curse of the grad transfer has finally been ended, definitively.

2 Likes

If RealtimeRPI is to be believed, weā€™re now #21 and OSU is #22.

http://realtimerpi.com/college_Men_basketball_rpi.html

2 Likes

More importantly psu 67

2 Likes

Think we want Purdue to beat Rutgers so there is no danger of psu dropping with a win or even worse a loss to Rutgers.

1 Like

On the one hand, I want to see a good game between PU and RU, on the other hand, I desperately need some sleep to be ready to bring it tomorrow from the stands.

1 Like

Yes, I think thatā€™s good thinking.

I was annoyed to have to play the 5-12 game just because it was another chance for a bad loss.

So, BartTorvik has PSU as an 11 if they beat Purdue tomorrow (and then lose to MSU), wow.

Thatā€™d be crazy if they snuck up and made the tournament after everyone assumed they were done.

2 Likes