Big Ten Basketball 2020-21 Discussion (Part 1)

And Dylan’s point that there was limited contact between Stefanovic and others. That would explain the confidence from Purdue’s side

Depending on if players had already tested positive prior it’s possible Stefanovic was in close contact with someone not on the team from the 9th to the 17th. They were in the state of Indiana for that stretch with the only road game at Assembly Hall. All it takes is Stefanovic to do some grocery shopping and get in contact with someone.

@umhoops Could you add a dagger icon next to the heart?

And they’re playing Thursday? How?

3 Likes

Yeah the average incubation period is 3-5 days (with it sometimes taking longer than that). Usually with the flu, it incubates within a day. That’s a major reason why COVID is so bad since pretty much every case has asymptomatic spread unless you’re isolating all the time.

1 Like

Viral shedding peaks in the 1-2 days prior to symptom onset.

Timelines are a little fuzzy to me, but IIRC Langford was likely still to be out for Thursday, so now we can count Gabe Brown as well in that group, yes? I would say those two being out is a big blow but honestly, Langford seems like a net negative this season and Brown hardly plays as it is (<40% of minutes in B1G play).

Per Izzo Langford would be able to return for that game

Heh. Here I was thinking that Izzo might actually get a break being forced to sit Langford.

Will he even notice that Gabe Brown isn’t available?

2 Likes

I thought he was gonna get a break by being forced to play Brown over Langford.

3 Likes

Absolutely agree

How can MSU play their next game when the players have obviously been exposed to their assistant coach.

2 Likes

How can Texas play tonight when their head coach has tested positive? How can Michigan be sidelined when nobody has tested positive? There are nuances to each situation, but we live in strange times.

5 Likes

I’d say there are different rules in each situation. The situations are largely the same. The rules in place are different.

1 Like

For sure. I wasn’t trying to be a what-abouter; just pointing out that life is really weird right now.

5 Likes

This probably plays a factor:

FWIW: I believe Michigan has had one positive case total and it was in the summer.

5 Likes

So they’re acting on the notion that you can’t get it a second time? Seems odd to just assume that given it’s not a valid assumption. Reinfection seems uncommon but does happen.

5 Likes

Probably because 13 of 15 players have now gotten covid and the isolation/quarantine dates back to the onset of symptoms not when they got their positive test. So the only player probably not eligible is Brown.

I don’t think they’re acting on a notion. Every player has a choice as to whether or not they want to participate or not. Just like individuals that have gotten covid have returned to work, returned to the gym, returned to doing errands etc… Those said players are able to return if they so choose.

1 Like