2023 NBA Draft Discussion

Welp, let the fun begin.

10 Spurs
Jett Howard (Michigan)
Howard’s consensus ranking among his high school classmates does not align with this slot in the 2023 NBA Draft. But he was the MVP of the Iverson Classic and left some evaluators insisting he was the most NBA-ready player at the All-Star game that also included projected lottery picks George and Wallace.
1 Like

Noted NBA draftnik Gary Parrish

1 Like

I’ve seen Jett play 0 times and therefore I can confidently say this is nonsense and he should stay in school 4 years and make boatloads of NIL money

1 Like

In all seriousness, if Jett is mocked in the first round this year do you all think he’ll bounce?

Yes, why not?

2 Likes

I mean, his da tho…and he doesn’t need the money…and my heart

This is a Victor Wembanyama and Scoot Henderson draft.

As for the Pistons, I do not expect the Pistons to have a top 5 odds because they’ll be much better than the past two seasons. Play-in should be the expectations and fall short of it, they’re in the lottery anyway.

I haven’t really looked beyond this year draft to get a feel for the prospects other than the top two.

3 Likes

This is also Emoni’s draft. I really feel bad for the dude and what happened to him. I hope he can recover and his dad gets out of his way for the next 12 months

4 Likes

Yeah at this point, he’s not considered in the lottery range.

2 Likes

So is next year just a down year across CBB? Is the level getting much younger bc COVID years are aging out?

2 Likes

color me skeptical of two OTE guys going in the top 5

Think it’s fair to wonder what the deal is there but as far as I’m aware Draft Twitter folks are pretty into them

1 Like

The Thompson’s are legit. Draft people absolutely love them. Talent will get drafted regardless, esp at their measurables.

But more than 2 returning college players will go first round, I can basically guarantee taht

1 Like

Scoot seems like a lock. Definitely could happen

3 Likes

Another Jett projection

2 Likes

So he’s ranked 40th or 41st in his class, but is in the top 20 of those who might declare for the draft?

Did I miss an upgrade in his HS ranking, or are these lists put together by completely different groups?

If Jett’s actually a top 20 pro prospect right now Michigan might be incredibly good

7 Likes

Completely different groups, basically. From what I’m aware of these types are basically entirely reacting to the Iverson Classic performance

4 Likes