Big Ten Basketball 2020-21 Discussion (Part 1)

1 Like

Sioux Falls may potentially become a regular location for some non conference games. Sanford Medical is based there and can easily handle the rapid testing of teams as they arrive. Theyā€™ve been doing it already for some other events.

team logo

Michigan
Michigan coach Juwan Howard is replacing the heart of the teamā€™s interior and exterior, Jon Teske and Zavier Simpson, but heā€™s got leading scorer Isaiah Livers to help soften the blow after he punted on the opportunity to stay in the NBA Draft. Livers is one of only four returning players for Howard in Year Two, with his most daunting task yet in replacing Simpson at point guard made more difficult with David DeJulius, the expected replacement, transferring out. Thereā€™s more questions than answers surrounding this team but building around Livers gives the Wolverines an advantage from occupying the cellar-dwellar territory.

Lol 9th? Ok

2 Likes

The national writers on the likes of ESPN and CBS have nothing on Dylan when it comes to the Big Ten (or even college basketball in general, IMO), so Iā€™m only posting this as extra reading material.

Heck, I could do a better job than most of the ESPN/CBS guys. Itā€™s their job to follow college hoops, but it seems clear to me that they donā€™t have a genuine passion for it, which is what really makes the difference. Their ā€˜researchā€™ is almost always half-a$&ed.

1 Like

Livers came back to keep us out of the cellar. An underreported tidbit.

10 Likes

Kinda ridiculous that they didnā€™t even mention Franz in the little blurb. Tells you just how much research these guys are doing lol

12 Likes

:joy: [extra characters]

Indeed it does. lol.

Check IUā€™s roster, and tell me how this team doesnā€™t finish in the top half of the league

hahahahahaha

2 Likes

Pretty wild that every writer picked Indiana over Michigan.

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure how you could not take the opportunity to bet on Rob Phinisee!

2 Likes

Itā€™s the coaching pedigree #archieisland

Iā€™m surprised it was unanimous but I donā€™t think itā€™s an absurd take. IU was 20-12 last year to our 19-12, and their roster losses are a lot less significant than Simpson and Teske. Also Khristian Lander is a pretty big add theoretically.

I am by no means buying Archie Miller stock but I see the case on paper.

Not all 20-12 records are created equal. They had a Charmin soft nonconference schedule. Also Michigan put a whooping on them.

2 Likes

Yeah, Michigan was better than IU by pretty much every reasonable metric. Conference EM, KenPom rank, etc. And Michigan played with its second-best player hurt for a month.

7 Likes
5 Likes

And Rothstein will remain my NOT go-to guy for anything college hoops. Franz? Good? Nuh-uh.

4 Likes

He severely underrates Michigan every year. I think he has them at #39 right now.

1 Like

Heā€™s a fun-filled treasure trove of redundancy of the obvious for anyone who follows his/her respective teams even from the periphery. His next tweet: ā€œIsaiah Livers most likely will be used as an outside threat and double-secret probation spies told me heā€™s solid in transition.ā€

4 Likes