Big Ten Basketball 2020-21 Discussion (Part 1)

That’s funny but also likely true in the same way Cassius Winston didn’t go to Michigan because the players were too nice.

12 Likes

God I hope that is true. Sparty and Dickie V are both intolerable.

5 Likes

Dickie V’s twitter account is hilarious.

Nothing better than a Dickie V periscope

1 Like

A reckoning was due across the landscape of “amateur” college sport. But we’re going to end up thinking–and some hard-core fans angry as heck–that our miserable failure to organize response to the illness was what triggered it. If the political opposition has any savvy, which I’m often inclined to doubt, the issue will be a cudgel in November.

2 Likes
10 Likes

Bottom Line: In typical Izzo fashion, this feels like a team with a ton of lineup choices that will take its time finding an identity early in the season before peaking late. The season-opening date with Duke in the Champions Classic has not been kind (0-3 since 2012), and picking up another couple of losses in the Gavitt Games, Orlando Invitational and/or ACC/Big Ten Challenge would not be shocking. Still, there’s a ton of talent, even without the pillars of last year’s team in Winston and Tillman. If Hauser, Henry, and Watts can spearhead the offense, then the Spartans will once again be a threat come March.

I can buy all of that. That ranking seems about right.

Langford and Bohannan are going to be interesting to watch. Both may hold the key to their team’s ceiling but I’m very skeptical that either can truly return to their pre-injury form. Foot and hip injuries for basketball players are typically career threatening. Great that they’re making a comeback…skeptical of their impact.

1 Like

Should be a big boost for Minnesota.

Do we have an idea when will hear Chaundee brown news?

We don’t even know if Michigan has submitted Brown’s waiver yet, which makes zero sense to me.

It sounds like the waiver has actually been filed now

2 Likes

Well this situation is about as clear as mud. A source in the article said the waiver was submitted “months ago.” Wtf?

Looks like someone didn’t want it known publicly till the ncaa responded with an answer for whatever reason.

Not sure on all of the specifics here but I think it is worth pointing out that “sources close to Brown” wouldn’t submit the waiver to the NCAA. AFAIK, schools submit the waiver request to the NCAA. So that could lead to some of the confusion.

Also, everyone is comparing the situation to the other UM transfers (DeJulius, Castleton) who got waivers. They both committed to their schools 3-4 weeks before Chaundee.

1 Like