Big Ten Basketball 2020-21 Discussion (Part 1)

1 Like
1 Like

If thereā€™s a season, the B1G has to be the top conference again.

1 Like

Good for Garza. I bet Iowa is glad to have him back for year 7.

10 Likes

The big 12 will be phenomenal too. At least 2 title contenders and most likely 7 tournament quality teams. The B1G looking like maybe 2-3 title contenders (Tillman is a huge factor) and probably 9/14 tournament quality teams. Probably depends on the bottom of the leagues to say who is better.

1 Like

Canā€™t wait for top 5 preseason Iowa to be a 6 seed by tournament time.

6 Likes

Tillman will say the exact same thing

2 Likes

Haha, you beat me to it. Regarding Iowa

13 Likes

First time in a long time I donā€™t think Michigan or MSU will have much of a say in the big ten title race.

Ignore my last comment!

But for real, they both made the right decision imo. Just relived Tillman is gone.

Side note: I love the MSU fans in the replies that think Quinn is so biased towards Michigan

4 Likes

You have Illinois and Wisconsin clearly ahead of MSU I assume?

1 Like

Who are the Big Ten contenders in your book?

Tier 1: Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin

Big gap

Tier 2: Michigan State

Tier 3: Michigan, Rutgers, Ohio State Indiana

I think everyone in tiers 2 and 3 should be tournament teams. But the top 3 in tier 1 all had equal or better records than Michigan last year and return literally everyone. Wisconsin had the same big ten record as MSU with Winston and Tillman, and Illinois was only a game back. I think those three will all be really really good.

Yep. And I actually like Iowa more than Wisconsin but thatā€™s just personal preference. Iā€™ve gotten bit for doubting MSU before but I just donā€™t see how they replace Winston and Tillman and stay in the hunt. Aaron Henry sounds like heā€™s expecting an all-American year but Iā€™ll believe that when I see it.

Over/under on Iowaā€™s defensive efficiency rank? I just donā€™t see how Garza can be any better and that was still kind of an average team even with him having a POTY season.

7 Likes

Oh yeah it will be bad. And Iā€™m no Fran believer.

But counterpoint: 2014 Michiganā€™s Defensive efficiency rank was worse than last yearā€™s Iowa team, and that team could have easily won it all. I think Iowa could set some offensive records next season - a guy like Garza coming back is relatively unprecedented.

1 Like