TJ Leaf

Watched him play this morning in Indy. Perfect fit for Michigan at the stretch four. He will visit on Monday and should have an offer on June 15.

Agree - his skill set really fits the way Michigan plays.

Next to Thornton, probably my favorite recruit in that class. Heck. Maybe they’re tied.

Do like his game, he will be a tougher get than Thornton though probably. But who knows, get one blue chip player in the fold and maybe pitch 2016 as a Wunderclass to recruits.

Dylan, after seeing him in person, closer to 6’8 or 6’10?

What an amazing talent. The biggest “dream” recruit I’ve wished for since JB has been here. He would explode in our system. Let’s hope he keeps progressing in his development, cause he is going to be a fantastic player.

I like our chances. I’m not sure getting Leaf would be as “tough” as some think. This is from a Sam Webb interview, with Leaf’s Dad, on Michigan:

“What we like about Michigan is that the two, three, four positions seem to be somewhat interchangeable from the way that I see it,” Leaf’s father and coach Brad said. “That’s the type of versatility that T.J. has and that’s what Michigan likes… guys that can play multiple positions. This is why we really really think Michigan is a great fit for him at this point at this time in his career.”

This is from a pay-walled articular on scout but was quoted on Mgoblog.
mgoblog.com/content/basketball-recruiting-things-stuff-things

UCLA, AZ and even IND are always tough to beat.

Nothing official, but Indiana and Michigan might be out in front right now. I’ll have more in an article on Leaf soon. Indiana will be very tough to beat in this one, but Michigan has done a lot and the visit Monday could help (Leaf was supposed to visit IU on Sun. but can’t do to NCAA rules)

Hopefully Crean self-destructs this year and IU starts drifting even further down. I know all about the Indiana connection with TJ so I’m hoping for some help from their play this year. We always seem to be on the short list for some really intriguing talent when they’re younger ( even in the lead a lot, supposedly ) it’s time to start closing on some of these kids. Nobody remembers who finishes second in the Kentucky Derby.

From an old article on Inside the Hall, Leaf was going to visit Ann Arbor last year right after his visit to Indiana. Does anyone know if that trip actually happened.

I don’t get how someone can spend time with Beilein and Crean and pick Crean.

From an old article on Inside the Hall, Leaf was going to visit Ann Arbor last year right after his visit to Indiana. Does anyone know if that trip actually happened.

I know that this is second visit to Ann Arbor, so I assume so.

Umhoops, is Leaf’s visit tomorrow going to be an official or unofficial?

Unofficial. 2016s can’t take officials yet.

Working on an article now… This weekend wasn’t quite a net-gain as the SSD on my laptop crapped out in Indianapolis. Frustrating to say the least.

Update is on the front page http://www.umhoops.com/2014/05/18/four-stand-five-star-forward-tj-leaf-ahead-monday-visit-michigan/

Sorry. Just getting a little giddy at the thought of this line up:
FR Thornton Jr
JR Chatman
FR Leaf
JR Wilson
JR Donnal/Doyle

Sorry. Just getting a little giddy at the thought of this line up: FR Thornton Jr JR Chatman FR Leaf JR Wilson JR Donnal/Doyle

We’re not Syracuse! haha

Doubt it ever happens, I Dont see Kam or DJ staying more than 2 years.

JR Kam Chatman
FR Josh Jackson
FR TJ Leaf
JR DJ Wilson
JR Donnal/Doyle

I think

Walton/Thornton Jr
Harris/Coleman/MAAR
Battle or Murray or Leaf/Dawkins
Chatman/Donnal
Wilson/Doyle

Is what I think is most likely in 2016. Wilson at center is a wild guess on my part but I am enamored with that idea.