Seth Towns Catches FIRE: Day 2 AAU Nationals Highlights

I don’t know why, but I just can’t get over the fact that Towns plays so upright and tight looking. Looks kinda robotic to me. Makes it tough for me to be a huge fan or hope for a commitment.

I don't know why, but I just can't get over the fact that Towns plays so upright and tight looking. Looks kinda robotic to me. Makes it tough for me to be a huge fan or hope for a commitment.

I don’t see a robotic player at all. I see a guy who plays under control. With a nice handle and outside shot at 6’8". And he has two more years of high school. I wish he would commit today.

I don't know why, but I just can't get over the fact that Towns plays so upright and tight looking. Looks kinda robotic to me. Makes it tough for me to be a huge fan or hope for a commitment.

Pretty typical of a 4 man.

6-8, can shoot and handle. He has a great skillset in general, but especially for Michigan’s offense.

Bacari is watching Towns and Moyer vs King James this morning.

Then you must hate McQuaid

Then you must hate McQuaid

I don’t hate McQuaid or Towns. Both look like very good players. I just can’t think of any high-level college players (who don’t play the 5) who play as stiff as those guys do. Basketball requires a lot of fluidity and I don’t think those guys have it.

But, whatever, Beilein has the best eye for talent in the country, so if he’s okay with it, so am I.

I’m not sure what people want from Towns? He is 6’8’’ and still growing probably… not many guys move like guards at that height unless you are TMac or Paul George lol

One thing I really like is he seems to be getting better with each video I watch. Definitely better than last year, which is to be expected, but I also look forward to how he plays and looks next summer (assuming he’s committed to Michigan by then).

One thing I really like is he seems to be getting better with each video I watch. Definitely better than last year, which is to be expected, but I also look forward to how he plays and looks next summer (assuming he's committed to Michigan by then).

Definitely. He has begun to fill out as well, and you can see he is getting more comfortable with his body playing through contact. He’s only 16 and 8 months.

Somewhere in my brain, I think I recall some talk about Towns possibly playing some 3 in the future.

Somewhere in my brain, I think I recall some talk about Towns possibly playing some 3 in the future.

His foot speed and lateral quickness will have to keep improving.

It’d be nice, but he could probably guard 3s as well as freshman Stauskas. And his role could be as narrow as Irvin’s or even greater as far as what he’s asked to do.

He reminds me a lot of a young Klay Thompson.

Knew I couldn’t have been the only one that thinks Towns has a good handle

VCC Warriors 2016 wing Seth Towns (@seth_towns17) is smooth! Long with a nice midrange jumper and tight handle. HM stud!

— NextUpRecruits.com (@NextUpRecruits) July 25, 2014

It’d be nice, but he could probably guard 3s as well as freshman Stauskas. And his role could be as narrow as Irvin’s or even greater as far as what he’s asked to do.

I’m not saying he can’t be a 2/3 but he definitely has to keep working on his lateral quickness and foot speed. Stauskas had no choice but to guard 2/3s because of his physical dimensions but Towns will have the option to slot as a 4. I’d also like to see him start developing as a on-ball playmaker with Northland.

Yeah I’m curious to see what his court vision is as well. In terms of lateral quickness, he can’t be much slower than Irvin…

I think a 6’8’’ Zak Irvin is a 4 but Towns has 2 more years so lets track it.

I think a 6'8'' Zak Irvin is a 4 but Towns has 2 more years so lets track it.

Well a 6’6" Zak Irvin was a four last year :slight_smile: The ‘four’ label is tough because the position is exactly the same as the three offensively at Michigan.