Seth Towns - new film from Future 150 Summit Camp

I’m a fan of his game, he’s not an elite talent, but has a good shot with range out to 25 feet off the dribble or catch and shoot, better handle than he’s given credit for, seems to be a below average athlete but has good body control. Would be happy to have him commit. Reminds me of Ime Udoka that used to play for Portland and current coach for SA

First thing most people mention is the handle. Really good and it’s what makes him intriguing as a 6’8" soph. I think that we need to keep reminding ourselves that he has two more years of high school left. More work and more physical maturity will do wonders. He’ll be top 100 at least when all is said and done.

No doubt in my mind he will be a top 60-80 player by this time next year, if not sooner.

He looks more like a typical Belein “sleeper” recruit than Dawkins or MAAR. JB’s main success has been with guys he identified early and followed as they progressed rapidly (ie. Hardaway, Burke, GRIII, Nik, Wilson, Doyle).

Dawkins and MAAR are fine for depth purposes, ala Spike, but I don’t think we can fairly expect them to pull a Lavert.

I haven’t seen a lot of film on him, but how does he compare to Evan Smotrycz?
Towns reminds me a little bit of him.

Towns isn’t the best athlete by any stretch, but he’s certainly more athletic than Smot from a speed, agility and jumping standpoint. Better handle than Evan, better shot off the dribble but Evan was probably a better catch and shoot player at the same time in their development

He looks like he’s gotten bigger, i.e., less skinny, than in the last video that was posted, and seems pretty fluid with his ball handling. Still has a very low release point on his shot. Not quite a chest shot like younger kids, but definitely something that will get blocked a lot at the next level if he doesn’t raise it up a bit. My question is, that’s such a central part to a player’s shooting habit, will it be something that can be coached up without him losing the accuracy that his current shooting percentages seem to indicate? Evidently, Beilein thinks it can be or he wouldn’t have offered the scholly. This coaching staff has proven that they are worthy of our trust. We just have to sit back and enjoy watching how players develop in their system.

I don’t think his release is THAT low. No lower than Zak Irvin’s. Both start their shooting motion chest high but release at or above eye level. My problem with that style of shooting is too much arm, not enough wrist on the shot, i.e. too many moving parts. But, if it goes in 40% of the time or better, that’s what matters.

Towns isn't the best athlete by any stretch, but he's certainly more athletic than Smot from a speed, agility and jumping standpoint. Better handle than Evan, better shot off the dribble but Evan was probably a better catch and shoot player at the same time in their development

For some reason I thought Smote had OK film in HS that showed some ability to dribble-drive. But then he came to UM and put on weight and couldnt move haha

I think if you have a guy like Towns, you need some good athleticism at the other guard/forward spots. Defensive purposes he doesn’t seem like he’d defend the 4-post that great nor be quick enough to defend the 4-perimeter that great. I’ll take him though!

I think he can defend a perimeter oriented 4, no way can he defend a post 4. In my opinion, he is Zak Irvin with better handle but less athleticism and without lethal mid-range shot off the bounce.

Yeah… idk about this one. I’d want him if UM was taking 2 perimeter guys in 2015.