Report: Michigan to play in 2023 Battle 4 Atlantis

3 Likes

Obviously still early but Arkansas, UNC, Villanova and Memphis is the makings of a loaded field.

3 Likes

Geez, I hope we can both win the event and avoid North Carolina just because it seems like we play them every year now.

9 Likes

Don’t think future Jumpman games have been set but there’s also a chance (I suppose) that UM and Oklahoma could play twice (B4A and Jumpman). Might just mean that U-M gets paired with Florida in the Jumpman but TBD.

4 Likes

Thanks Dylan for backing up my comment :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Also had a recent home and home with Villanova.

1 Like

Villanova never played at Crisler.

Those buttholes

2 Likes

Not that I am expecting Villanova to fall off a cliff but I would not be surprised if they don’t maintain their current elite status without Jay Wright. Infrastructure of that program is super strong but are we sold Kyle Neptune is going to be able to continue that?

But yes, super strong field. Arkansas will have all the transfers. At some point Muss is going to crash and burn but next year might be a bit too soon to count on that.

Should we place odds on a first round Michigan/Memphis game? The Juwan vs. Penny angle seems too logical not to get played.

Game against Nova was Gavitt Games

2 Likes

Wow this will be a fun field. Hopefully we are good

Emoni vs Memphis…

If I had it my way, my family and I would still be “quarantined” in the Bahamas after the 2019 Battle 4 Atlantis. But no! We all had to stay home for empty Thanksgiving and avoid me creating a daily propaganda newsletter that says you can’t leave the Bahamas due to covid.

1 Like

This would be the perfect destination for me to attend a tournament if the resort were all inclusive. Oh well, can’t be worse then the few months of mortgage payments I left in Las Vegas in November.

1 Like

We’ve never faced Villanova in the postseason however.

Arkansas will be without a doubt favored in this tourney I’m sure, loaded field is an understatement. Sad we couldn’t have caught something like this after having a normal Michigan off season.

1 Like

So what if we have a normal off season next year?

1 Like

It’ll be like last year with a bunch of 5 star McDonald’s All Americans not ready for November college basketball. Could be though from this incoming class we don’t lose two to the NBA after one regular season of sub par basketball.

1 Like
1 Like

Tough field just got tougher.