• Clemson at Rutgers
  • Notre Dame at Illinois
  • Minnesota at Pittsburgh
  • Northwestern at Wake Forest
  • Duke at Ohio State
  • Iowa at Virginia
  • Florida State at Purdue
  • Wisconsin at Georgia Tech

My guess is that the Oregon game gets pushed back another year. 7 high major games is a lot.

That wouldn’t surprise me… are we considering UCF a high major?

2 Likes

#ForCompetitorsOnly

3 Likes

Ha I guess not when I think about it. But a true road-game against a “2nd-tier” conference team is probably worth counting as a resume mark in that grouping.

5 Likes

I don’t see 7 high major games on the non conference schedule. As of now i see 3 or 4.

Kentucky
UNC
2 of Wichita St/UNLV/Arizona
Seton Hall
UCF

Personally I would rather see a game against Oregon than teams ranked 250 or worse which we usually get. I guess you think quite highly of UCF and the Las Vegas tournament.

That list + Oregon = 7. :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

I agree no downside to scheduling tough in cbb, I have always loved the way Izzo scheduled and it has helped build MSU’s profile as a program. OTOH cream puff city is how you should schedule in cfb.

4 Likes

I guess high-major is too loose of a term. But that’s 6 games (assuming UNLV loses) against projected top 60 teams. Which is roughly the range you expect a power conference team to fall in. Definitely not the hardest schedule of all time, but a lot of games against real teams.

2 Likes

One thing about MSU’s scheduling is that Izzo doesn’t actually schedule many home and homes. MSU doesn’t always play a road game outside of a challenge event whereas Michigan has really tried to do that consistently for a while under Beilein.

5 Likes

Juwan scheduled a handful of mid level MAC teams this year, I would hold out hope that 2 or 3 of our other noncon games would be top 250 teams on top of 7 power conference level teams.

2 Likes

UNC and Kentucky in the same week… :popcorn:

5 Likes

I guess I get it…I see the attraction…I’m just sort of “bored” with UNC and would have welcomed a different team. But I’ll enjoy the opportunity to beat up on a high-profile team that likes to recruit against us no matter what.

3 Likes

I hope it’s the same result as against UNC and Gonzaga in 2 days at Atlantis.

6 Likes

I would love to see U of M against Virginia one of these years. But I have the feeling I’m in the minority…

1 Like

I’m a little tired of the UNC matchup but not of the recent results! I would have loved a home game vs Duke so I’m salty OSU gets it instead

6 Likes

And then the two Big Ten games should be in the following week.

Also, just looking at the breakout by days, I would be surprised if we’re not in the 9/9:30 ESPN slot.

2 Likes

Had the same thought that UM/UNC will be late.

1 Like

Very little chance that it’s not the late game. Unfortunate.

2 Likes