Syracuse at Rutgers

Wednesday, December 9
Georgia Tech at Nebraska
Indiana at Florida State
Maryland at Clemson
Michigan State at Virginia
Pitt at Northwestern

What are your predictions everyone?

I think the B1G is in a pretty good spot here. Even with losing a couple likely wins from COVID

Deviations from your list, kturnup:

Wednesday:
Purdue over Miami

Thurs:
Georgia Tech over Nebraska
Virginia over Michigan St

Ill take ACC 7-5

Big Ten: Minnesota, Iowa, Purdue, Michigan St, North Western
ACC: Duke, Notre Dame, Virginia Tech, Syracuse, Georgia Tech, Florida St, Clemson

Big Ten 7-5

Big Ten: Minnesota, Iowa, OSU, Purdue, Rutgers, MSU, NW
ACC: Duke, VT, GT, FSU, Clemson

And I would have picked Wisconsin and Michigan so unfortunately the impressive “route” of the ACC is likely off the table

I’ll say:

B1G wins: Minnesota, OSU, Purdue, Rutgers, Nebraska, Maryland, MSU, Northwestern

So 8-4 B1G

B1G: Minn,Iowa,Rutgers,Neb,Nw
ACC: Duke,ND,VT,Miami,FSU,Clemson,Va
ACC 7-5

I think the winner of Michigan-Toledo should count. Toledo as the honorary ACC member.

6 Likes

Tuesday, December 8
Boston College at Minnesota
Illinois at Duke
North Carolina at Iowa
Ohio State at Notre Dame
Penn State at Virginia Tech
Purdue at Miami
Syracuse at Rutgers

Wednesday, December 9
Georgia Tech at Nebraska
Indiana at Florida State
Maryland at Clemson
Michigan State at Virginia
Pitt at Northwestern

B1G wins 8-4

1 Like

Before the season, I predicted this:

Way too early prediction: ACC 8-6 B1G wins: Iowa, Rutgers, Purdue, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan ACC wins: Duke, Notre Dame, VTech, Virginia, FSU, Clemson, Georgia Tech, Pitt

Now, I think I would say Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, OSU, Purdue, Nebraska, Maryland, MSU for the B1G. Virginia Tech, Syracuse, FSU, Pitt for the ACC.

Maybe this is discussed on the podcast, plan to listen today, but does anybody else wish some of these “lower level” matchups were being played in the afternoon? There’s a zero percent chance I watch Boston College-Minnesota tipping at about the same time as ND-OSU and Iowa-UNC, but if it were on at 2 PM today, it would be on while I’m working. Wish ESPN and the conferences had tried to take advantage of the pandemic/WFH environment and spread the schedule a bit.

2 Likes

The cancellation of two games should give a bit more TV breathing time for the main games. I wouldn’t be surprised if Michigan’s game is an afternoon tip so it doesn’t overlap with the challenge.

So, do you know yet if Michigan’s game will be televised? If so, what network will it be on? ESPN?

Just became official:

1 Like

Winners:
Minnesota
Duke
Iowa
Ohio State
Virginia Tech
Miami
Syracuse
Georgia Tech
Florida State
Maryland
MSU
Pitt

ACC 7-5

1 Like

I haven’t even tried to wrap my head around predicting winners. But watching this board throw picks out there ranging from B10 8-4 all the way to ACC 7-5 means we should be in for a fun week. That’s a wide range.

1 Like

I almost went B1G 10-2! Had to control myself

1 Like

Surprised so many people are taking Iowa over UNC. I am as well, but I thought I was the only non-Iowa skeptic around these parts :rofl:

I’m taking UNC, but if I were to go with Iowa (which I considered) it would more be because of a lack of faith in UNC. They were bad last year, and obviously they replenished with a top tier recruiting class hence the top 15 preseason ranking. But early results for them haven’t been great (loss to Texas, struggled with Stanford) and similar to last year their guard play has been rough to start the season.

That being said I’m taking them because I think they match up better with Iowa than potentially any team in the country? UNC might have the deepest frontcourt in the nation. Brooks is a preseason ACC POTY contender, Bacot was good as a freshman and has gotten off to a scorching hot start, and they have 2 5 star freshmen in Walker Kessler and Day’Ron Sharpe coming off the bench.

UNC can legitimately throw 4 big guys at Garza that can compete. They can withstand any foul trouble Garza may get them in while, and they can rotate those 4 guys in and out to stay fresh while Garza’s pretty much gonna have to go the whole game. I would imagine they’d just keep attacking Garza on defense until he either starts to tire out and becomes even more of a defensive liability, or go at him until he gets in foul trouble. And if he’s struggling or off the court, I don’t see Iowa keeping pace with UNC.

I’m picking Iowa, but I think the matchup is closer to something like a 15th ranked team vs an unranked one than what it actually is. Not a fan of UNC at all.

3 Likes