Michigan to host Toledo on Wednesday

BTN has a doubleheader of hockey starting at 4pm, then a B1G women’s game starting at 9. Maybe you get a 2pm basketball game if not it looks like tv isn’t in the cards.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see it end up on ESPN+ or ESPNU. Their production was already scheduled to be in Ann Arbor anyways.

4 Likes

Toledo probably gives a better computer ranking than many of the Power Conference teams that seem readily available. Especially since the program was focused on staying local. I was hoping the game would have been at Toledo, though, to help with computer rankings. A game at Toledo is a solid bet to be a Quad 2 game; home vs Toledo is almost assuredly a Quad 3 game.

Looking at Power Conference schools that need games, many of them are tied up schedule-wise until Christmas. If Michigan was willing to wait for a Dec 27/28 type of game, it probably could have created something interesting…but I get the feeling the coaches wanted another game before B1G play started.

Well maybe Toledo, Bowling Green or Ball State will win the MAC and count on the resume as a tourney team along with the 5-6 Big Ten teams they’ll play.

Toledo takes a lot of 3’s and hits them too. Top 35 nationally in 3 point % each of the last 4 years and top 80 every year in 3PA. Also, top 50 in assist % each of the last 6 seasons.

Toledo press release is out: Michigan will host Toledo on Wednesday at 6 p.m. Game will be broadcast on FS1.

14 Likes

So… much… hoop. Not the matchup I was anticipating/looking forward to, but spacing of start times kinda rocks.

4 Likes

OK, thanks!

1 Like

The women play Butler at 1pm.

EDIT: I guess I should’ve scrolled down to see that a game time had been set.

Still working on wrapping up the Toledo preview but my initial reaction is great team to schedule for a secret scrimmage but biting off a lot to chew for a real game. This will be the best offensive team UM has played this year by a wide margin.

8 Likes

Very Happy to see that it will be broadcast on FS1. All of this BTN is brutal for those of us non mid westerners that don’t get it. I’ve been listening to them on Sirius and for some reason the coverage is like 5 minutes behind the game.

2 Likes

They don’t have a lot of size hopefully this is the game where Dickinson gets a little more time, this was of course with the news Edu is out…

Is BTN not national? I thought it was distributed via Fox Sports. I live on the East Coast and we’ve had BTN for probably 10+ years

Youtube TV has it at the very least which is national

I feel like generally it’s on the same cable package as FS1, but I guess that must not be the case on all providers. It definitely is where I am, not in the Midwest

It’s national, but here (at least in upstate NY) it’s part of the additional sports package with cable, so You just have to pay extra to get it.

Yeah, Michigan will score a lot of points I’d say. Worried that Michigan will struggle to get stops though.

Somewhat similar team to Bowling Green offensively? Or with more shooting?

Better coaching, more spacing, more shooting. Probably don’t have the same level of individual talent as a guy like Turner though.

For Comcast in Michigan atleast, FS1 first comes on the “Economy” package (100ish channels) whereas BTN comes on the “Starter” packages (140ish channels)