Open Thread: Kameron Chatman in Jordan Brand Classic (7pm, ESPN2)

Kam is playing in the Jordan Brand Classic tonight on ESPN2. Discuss the game here.

Here are some practice highlights of Chatman

Kameron Chatman is listed at 6-foot-8, 213 pounds on Jordan Brand Classic roster.

Isn’t his dad 6’9’’?

Kam may be skilled enough to slide down to the 3, but those measurements should clear up any doubt that he’s a 4 in JB’s system. He is set up to do big things at UM.

I think Chatman and Wilson are both I the 3/4 mix. It all depends on how their skills and bodies develop.

What number is Chatman wearing?

11 (white)

I don’t think an AS game setting is great for Chatman. All around type players who aren’t explosive athletes generally don’t stand out much in these atmospheres.

Agreed. But man is he a good prospect! Super length, a frame that can fill out, and a very efficient controlled player who is a willing passer. I love him as a player in our system!

He looks BIG. No more qualms about him playing the 4. Not the athlete GRIII was, but possibly better everywhere else, with size.

For sure he can play the 4. 6’8 213?? By the time he plays his first game he could be 220 if he hit the weights correctly.

How did he play? I wasn’t able to watch the game.

He looked pretty good. Probably played about 15 minutes from what I saw…couple open layups, nice lob assist in traffic, nifty finish near the basket, good handle. Missed the only jumper I saw him take, but shot looked good. Seems like the all around player he’s hyped up to be. Only downside is he doesn’t come across as super athletic (foot speed, hops)…but maybe a year in Sanderson’s program can remedy that.

He looked pretty good. Probably played about 15 minutes from what I saw...couple open layups, nice lob assist in traffic, nifty finish near the basket, good handle. Missed the only jumper I saw him take, but shot looked good. Seems like the all around player he's hyped up to be. Only downside is he doesn't come across as super athletic (foot speed, hops)...but maybe a year in Sanderson's program can remedy that.

Yeah was surprised about the foot speed, but who knows what kind if shape he’s in. I have limited worries about hom playing the 4 someday, he’s got a big frame and he’s LONG. Gonna be a great prospect.

Kam Chatman is a 6’8 Guard people. Why you guys continue to try to place him at the 4 is Hilarious. He has the same build as Jalen Rose.

Kam looked better than I expected and looked very comfortable on the floor. Has good hands and a nice touch around the basket. It’s really tough to gauge a players ability in these games. The game was a typical AS game, no defense and whoever brings it up shoots. I think Booker is a better player than he showed yesterday…certainly was off his game from film that’s been posted.

His lack of foot speed and overall athleticism is why I laugh at the idea of him at the 1 or 2. He is a point forward in the mold of Kyle Anderson, Tayshaun Prince, Lamar Odom, Hedo Turkgolu or Draymond Green. Hopefully he gets to 6’9’’ so I can throw in James Worthy and Sam Perkins, too.

I see Jalen Rose, Brian Shaw, Steve Smith and Greivis Vasquez all Tall PGs. In Beilein system he may be forced to play out of position, but that doesnt make him a 4. In Beilein System Trey Burke/Zak Irvin would be Guards playing out of position at the 4.