NCAA update on name, image, likeness expected this week

This is the translation I guess LOL

2 Likes

:man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Gotta love when 68 year old attorneys are deciding if 18 year old athletes are emotionally prepared to make money because they are good at something.

8 Likes

It means NCAA lobbyists are offering to line his pockets in the interest of maintaining the status quo imo

3 Likes

And yet somehow baseball and hockey players donā€™t have this problem.

:thinking:

4 Likes

If the players criticized this guy, heā€™d be out as president tomorrow and Jim Tressel would be the next president :wink:

2 Likes

Well Ryan Day can fire him whenever he wants at least

4 Likes

ā€œIā€™m just hoping the coach doesnā€™t fire me.ā€

1 Like

Really benefit? What the hell does that mean?

I think it means weā€™ve been earning huge dollars from college athletes forever and its been very beneficial to all the major Universities. Let us pause for a few hundred more years and see if we canā€™t find a way to continue this exploitation of labor. We certainly donā€™t want ā€œto harmā€ the establishment! Show me the money!!!

2 Likes

Change is in the airā€¦letā€™s see what happens.

That revenue sharing model is going kill a ton of non revenue sports.

1 Like

Why? D2 and D3 support these same non-revenue sports and their football and basketball programs arenā€™t revenue generators

1 Like

Those drafting this bill likely view this as a good thing. A not-insubstantial group of people view non-revenue sports as racist.

Student fees from traditional students subsidize a large portion of the cost of those sports. That is something i am very against. Also schools sponsor way fewer sports at those levels.

6 Likes

Get the whole team in some Air Chets next year

7 Likes
3 Likes