NBA Summer League 2019

Iggy with 15 at half. He’s killing it.

Duncan with 20/10 earlier today. He’s improved so much.

5 Likes

Loving Iggy right now. Seeing this after watching Poole shine last night has me still reminiscing sadly on how much last year’s offense struggled at times

They still have Beverly and Landry Shamet

1 Like

Is Robinson Beilein’s greatest accomplishment? Could turn out to be that way. I’d nominate him for one of Michigan’s greatest foreign players, too!

1 Like

Levert easy If he becomes the player the Nets are hoping. Not a D3 guy but an amazing story for him nonetheless too

1 Like

Iggy is going off tonight. He has 30 and just hit a game tying 3

3 Likes

Iggy with 30. RJ Barrett with 8.

A Knicks fan on their RealGM Forum:

“Iggy is more impressive than RJ. Give Iggy minutes this season send RJ to the GLeague”

4 Likes

All the concerns most experts had about Iggy’s game translating to the league are glaring with RJ Barrett right now. Tunnel vision, can’t create space, shot isn’t translating, athleticism concerns. Important not to jump to conclusions based on summer league games, but Barrett just does not look the part to me.

1 Like

I stand by my comment from a year ago that Iggy was the most NBA ready freshman Beilein ever had. Iggy may never be an all-star but he could be a solid rotation player who can bite you hard if sleep on him.

1 Like

Watching his highlights he seems to be benefiting from the much better spacing in the league. Easy to just outmuscle dudes when it’s one dude instead of your dude and others.

1 Like
4 Likes

Levert the most talented, for sure. But in terms of the arc of his career and everybody’s expectations. . .

You nailed it, RJB looks lost in space and not much game early on.

To me personally still maybe Levert. He’s the one player who appears to be primed to be better than just another average player and be an all star and he is the lowest profile player to succeed under Beilein sans Duncan. Both are incredible stories still though. Duncan looks like he’s capable of being a longtime NBA player now imo with his size, shooting and overall game now.

5 Likes

Yeah, he looks shockingly fluid and comfortable out there!

2 Likes

I’d even say he just looks flat out better than most the rest of the competition and his own teammates.

1 Like

Defense is his issue, but offensively he can make it for sure.

4 Likes
5 Likes