2022 NBA Summer League Open Thread

Seven Michigan players in action this week in Las Vegas.

5 Likes

Flipped on the Rockets/Magic summer league game and in the first 30 seconds I watched, Zavier Simpson hit a running hook shot, Caleb Houstan clanked a wide open three and Josh Christopher flailed his arms dramatically earning a foul call he didnā€™t deserve. All is right in the world.

9 Likes

Lots of Wolverines in that game Simpson, Houstan, and Christopher

2 Likes

And Isaiah Todd is currently licking cheeto dust off his finger tips.

1 Like

And a few more Wolverines. In Teal, no less.

12 Likes

Caleb is hoopin!

1 Like

Pretty cool to see ā€œweak chase popā€ with Zavier but Caleb in the Livers role.

Also Caleb is balling @buckets12

2 Likes

5-9 from deep and 20 points so far. Vegas must be the Ann Arbor of the west

11 Likes

Simpson just lasered a pass to him on the break. Splash.

2 Likes

Man I really wish golden state drafted Caleb. A poole/Houstan duo off the bench would have been so fun there.

High praise from a draft guy.

3 Likes

The Kentucky Bump is actually because players are used poorly at Kentucky

6 Likes
6 Likes

Former #1 overall recruits once they get away from Penny

1 Like
5 Likes

What other Michigan players does the ā€œKentucky bumpā€ apply to? Iā€™m not even sure? I assume he means Poole?

Franz was awesome as a rookie but he was also awesome for Michigan as a sophomore on one of the best teams in the country and was picked in the top ten. It isnā€™t like he didnā€™t showcase his game in college. Everyone knew he was an awesome player.

4 Likes

Livers looks like heā€™ll outplay his draft position. But that was just a bad take. Esp after Burke and Stauskas.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think itā€™s the case for the most part. Itā€™s more of the case where players are asked to do different things for the betterment of the team like KAT play exclusively at the post or Book coming off the bench or etc.

1 Like

I think thereā€™s a case for lots of UK guards that arenā€™t really put in the best spot (to showcase although they still often win)ā€¦ guys like TyTy, Maxey, etc. Reality is that UK generally recruits the best players though and they usually only play a year so they just keep on improving.

3 Likes

Duncan Robinson?

2 Likes