NBA Summer League 2019

Mitchell protecting the rim is like a dog chasing a tennis ball - he is going to contest everything at 100%, no matter how many he goaltends or fouls.

Good for Washington. The Lakers were basically giving Wagner away for any second round pick they could get. This is a steal for them.

3 Likes

https://sports.yahoo.com/5-must-see-moments-wizards-035654569.html

2 Likes
6 Likes

He has been very good in Summer League, despite shooting struggles. His off ball defense has been a real highlight – made some excellent plays in transition and helping from the weak side when noticing a break down (i.e. two on the ball). I still have some questions about his one-on-one defense, but Iggy has looked great thus far.

2 Likes
4 Likes

I’ve watched the entire game against the Lakers tonight and he’s made a lot of great plays for other guys with the ball in his hands. Had one of his patented charges but other than that, very impressive showing.

3 Likes

Those passes were plays he would not have made this season. Good for him as that level of passing is absolutely needed if he wants to stick in the NBA

2 Likes
3 Likes

A very on brand Q&A with Jordan Poole.

1 Like

“I think it’s rare that young guys come out of Michigan. Freshman and sophomores”

He names only Burke and Stauskas. Fails to mention Morris, GRIII, McGary, Wilson, Iggy.

1 Like

Wilson came out after his third year in the program

If you could pick any two franchises where you would most trust an out-of-the-box evaluation on a prospect, it’s gotta be the Warriors and Spurs, right? Kudos to Jordan for being on both of their radars.

3 Likes

I predict JP will become a much better defender by year end playing against guys like D Russell and steph. That step back is pretty sweet!

Reminds me of all of us going crazy over games in Spain :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Haha all these positive thoughts about JP’s defense and Iggy’s passing

2 Likes

Is anyone on here able to recall the hot takes from the Spain games? I only remember some of the Iggy ones (which turned out to be pretty accurate). I’m genuinely curious, and I remember there being lots of activity on here after those games.

We had video and takeaways and all that back then. The overall take was that Michigan didn’t look particularly great. Iggy was the biggest positive. Austin Davis seemed like he could be a contributor. Teske and Simpson were quiet. Michigan really struggled shooting, I don’t think Iggy attempted a three.

2 Likes

It’s very early days, but both of them have strung together several good outings. Tickled that both could have a chance to shine given the fluctuating conditions on their clubs.