NBA Draft 2019 Open Thread

WOW! Congrats, Jordan!

So uh this worked out for Poole. Good for him. Truly can’t ask for a better situation. They don’t have a starting shooting guard and will potentially have big money locked up with Klay and/or KD. Go hoop!!! Drip boy!!

2 Likes

Jacob Evans and nothing else

Alfonzo McKinnie and maybe Damion Lee, if they bring back Lee as an RFA. Ahh yes, and Jacob Evans.

Didn’t expect him to go that high but that is awesome for Jordan. Congrats!

Thought Jordan’s 1st round chances went out the door when the Bucks traded their pick. He showed up in person, though…must have known somethin’!

Cavs about to pick Kevin Porter Jr… Beilein is not going to like coaching him, from all I have heard, lol. Has incredible talent and shot-making ability, but he was late for practices, missed others, has other off-the-court concerns including rumors of very much enjoying marijuana.

Basically the opposite of a player Beilein would recruit.

4 Likes

Pistons getting FOUR second rounders for that pick too. Stefanski doing a great job tonight.

1 Like

I guess we are…good for him!

Thought Warriors would go with Edwards, so I can see why they went Poole. Still a little surprised for sure, but good on JP.

Pretty fair to be a little miffed if you’re a Dubs fan considering where mocks had JP. Thought those were fair.

That said, there’s a couple of guys models definitely like left out there and aside from that it’s all dudes w basically the same EV.

I don’t mind giving the pick a bad grade, but I don’t agree with their reasoning. I think Poole’s upside is pretty high. I can absolutely see him being a very good NBA player. I think it is a reach for Poole at 28 because he never showed consistency on defense and had so many mental lapses on that end of the floor. If that happens in the pros, he’s never going to see the floor in the playoffs in his career. Will be able to get away with it in the regular season, especially since Klay is hurt. But in the playoffs, every possession is a huge grind. Giving up easy points is gonna keep you off the floor.

I think poole’s potential is high because he could end up getting you buckets in ISO or PnR. Players with that potential and the shooting potential he has are not all that easy to find.

Obviously, he’s not close to there yet. We didn’t get to see him put his full game together at Michigan, so he’s a ways from doing it in the NBA. But I think he’s got potential to be “more than a shooter” in the NBA and be a very valuable player on a good team. I could also see him flaming out quickly if he doesn’t sharpen his focus on both ends of the floor

You’ll see people tout Tyler Herro’s ball screen numbers… compare these:

First is Poole, second is Hero. Most notably, compare the volume. Poole is a legitimate ball screen option because Michigan’s system showcased him as such.

4 Likes

As the resident Hawks fan I will accept the praises passed on.

Most Hawks fans are happy about getting Bruno but it’s not at all thrilling for me. Hawks now have 3 Maryland players: Len, Huerter, Fernando

Isaiah Roby becomes the first Cornhusker drafted in 20 years, according to ESPNs broadcast.

As the resident suns fan I’ll take any matches you may have to light my dumpster.

1 Like

God I love the nuggets. I’m highly considering jumping on that bandwagon.

1 Like

Boom!

4 Likes

Lets gooo!!!