Michigan Women's Hoops

Iowa has SC rattled. Boston with 2 fouls already too

1 Like

See you in the tournament thread!

1 Like

Just saw that Kate Clarke is also in the portal now. I know she didn’t see much time at all this year, but that seems like an interesting decision with Ari also looking to transfer. I know they have 3 incoming guards, but SOMEONE has to play point guard minutes and you would think she would at least have a track toward backup minutes if nothing else.

We never know the whole story, and any number of things could have led to the decision. Hope she finds a good landing place.

Also saw that Emily Kiser declared for the NBA Draft. Good luck to Emily!

4 Likes

Emily Kiser declared for the NBA Draft.

she’s great but good luck to her with that!

4 Likes

I have her above Frankie Collins on my board

2 Likes

A first I thought you were saying Caitlin Clark was in the portal. THAT didn’t make much sense.

1 Like

Orlando likes Wolverines!

The funny thing is that I thought that the women’s game would be a refuge from the “one year, then shake the etch-a-sketch” nature of team building on the men’s side - that we’d get multiple years with players etc…and the past week makes me think maybe not.

1 Like

Then again, we benefitted from Leigha Brown doing that.

2 Likes

Not saying we haven’t benifitted

Regarding Kate Clark, it’s hard to miss a player who you have no idea how good they could be. She was ranked fairly high but hardly played here. With Ari, there were at least flashes.

Hopefully, Kate has a strong college career wherever she lands.

1 Like
5 Likes

Averaged close to 15 and 9 at Western this season. Over 1.5 blocks as well. FG% is not what you’d like from a post player. Seems like a floor raiser but not a ceiling raiser.

2 Likes

Looks pretty athletic, long, and fluid.

1 Like

Most impressed with her passing. Not the kind of player I was expecting.

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqgP9ISOCu5/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

2 Likes

Wow Hailey Van Lith is in the portal. For those more in the know, would she be a need for next year? Feel like we need a proven guard added to the roster. Any chance we go after her?

She would be an amazing get. Her and Phelia in the backcourt would take the team up a notch.

That said, Michigan would be a step down. Sounds like LSU is the top option.

1 Like

Would Iowa be an option? It would be phenomenal if Michigan were in consideration, but I agree she is likely looking to move up. I would rather she land in the Big Ten than SEC.

Apparently she was down to Louisville and Baylor in HS. Mulkey was coaching Baylor at the time, now she’s at LSU. And their PG just graduated.

Just stuff I’ve seen from WBB people on twitter, so take it FWIW

2 Likes