Michigan Women's Hoops

And then I just watch a block where the LSU player clearly smoked one of our players across the forehead.

These refs are having a tough time. Broadcast appears incapable of showing a replay of the incident as well

I just rewound the broadcast. Reese literally just smacked Ophelia in the face from behind and didn’t even touch the ball. This is terrible all around.

1 Like

Officiating has been poor but we’ve been outclassed. Like Louisville last year, our lack of athleticism is exposed.

Brown clearly hobbled. No sure she’s gonna make it

Your autocorrect is a big Hamlet fan!

3 Likes

I mean, there is definitely still a wide talent gap, but it is shrinking. KBA has recruited very well as of late and has a top 5 player committed for 2024.

It takes a while to get to a place like IU or Iowa. Those coaches have been there a long time and the programs have very strong history. The fact that Michigan’s streak of 5 tournament appearances is a program record says plenty about where they started.

All told, I am not disappointed in this season. They dropped a couple of games I would have liked to see them win, but they still acquitted themselves very well in a year where they lost their program’s best player of all time. I still think the arrow is trending upward; they’re just trying to do it in a brutal conference.

7 Likes

Intentional? Good Lord. I mean, she did get her across the face so I get that, but it was just a hard foul going for the block. A “make it count” block attempt. Ugh.

1 Like

And then they call a flagrant 1 on us for the same exact type of play! Except we actually contacted the ball from behind! Clearly outclassed here, but this is mind-boggling incomptence.

2 Likes

I think it was more on the shoulder than the face.

Well, I’m going to just enjoy the last several minutes of LB, Kiser, and maybe (hopefully not?) Nolan in a Michigan uniform.

1 Like

We only have one player that can hang in these games. I’m not asking to be a conference title contender every year. Just to recruit a little more athleticism on the roster.

1 Like

Worst part about this is that Kim Mulkey wins

3 Likes

They’re recruiting well. There are like 5 girls on this roster who would be the best recruit we had pre Naz

3 Likes

Brown loses her cool.

1 Like

I know all that. Athleticism is a trait. It doesn’t come in only the top 50 recruits.

1 Like

The absolute worst.

Good overall season for the Women’s team. Would have hosted a regional if had not been for Laila’s injury and if that’s the case, we probably advance to 2nd weekend. Just had bad luck.

3 Likes

Next year will be interesting. First time we won’t have a sure thing in the post in a while.

I really think Chyra Evans is going to start and take a huge leap. I think you can see it all there. Just needs to improve her fouls/40.

1 Like

Cameron seemed a little untapped offensively this year

Played well in limited spots

1 Like