Michigan Women's Hoops

I’ve liked what I’ve seen but still projection with her and Williams. Both were the only others aside from Lelia that showed up tonight

I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a bit worried (with, to be clear, absolutely no info to back this up…just a gut feeling) that she transfers. She just didn’t seem to be clicking this year and I sensed some frustration. Like there was some kind of disconnect. She was a starter in name, but definitely not in minutes.

Hopefully she has watched the girls ahead of her stick it out to good success and is on board with the journey. Because you are right: she does have the potential.

1 Like

Mulkey gets some redemption points for consoling Leigha Brown. I still don’t like her, overall, but at least now I know she’s human.

1 Like

Ari is plenty athletic. I hope she earns the starting PG spot next year.

2 Likes

I sure wish Crisler could be anything like these environments. Watching places like Iowa City, Columbus, Bloomington, and this game here shows you what it can be like.

One thing I have to say for the program is that they have worked very hard to self-promote through social media, etc. and I’m glad for that.

3 Likes

I’m curious to see what happens with Izy. It didn’t look like she made the trip to Louisiana. If she’s healthy, I think there’s something there. At least in terms of being a contributor.

1 Like

One thing is for sure regardless: there are a looooooot of minutes to redistribute next year, especially if Nolan isn’t back. You’re talking like 100+ mpg to redistribute in the starting lineup.

1 Like

Adding one more thought to this: I still feel significantly more optimistic about whatever KBA will roll out next year then what the men are going to offer.

1 Like

Yes impossible not to be

1 Like

i come in here, trying to take a break from the MBB takes, and i catch a stray like this!!!

8 Likes

Sincerest apologies. :joy:

1 Like

1 seed Stanford is out, lost to Ole Miss.

It’ll be interesting to see what position KBA will have the incoming freshman, Macy Brown. She’s 6’ G. I’ve seen her play and she’s the offense at EGR. She’s definitely not a PG that EGR has her this season but she’ll have to learn how to scale down her role which I can see her doing it since she has done it with her older sister, Jillian. Probably Leigha Brown role?

1 Like

If you haven’t listened to or read KBA’s postgame presser, please do so. This women’s basketball team represents everything I believe about college athletics. For those who understand the back stories of these girls, some of which KBA touched on in the presser, you understand what I’m talking about, a dedication to team, to Michigan, and to the university community, an unwavering belief in doing things the right way, of devotion to hard work and to the team.

I hope we keep KBA for a long time, and I hope she keeps recruiting and developing young women who our kids can look up to and say, “I want to be like her when I grow up.” If you ever wonder, “What’s Silveblue’s deal? What does he believe in?” It’s represented by these young women and their coach. They represent the purest form, in my opinion, of college athletics. Go Blue!!! :blue_heart: :blue_heart: :blue_heart:

12 Likes

This might be a good place for this. My granddaughter gave her high school senior speech at her basketball banquet last week. Here is what she said.
Good evening, everyone.
Today, as we come to the end of this basketball season, I would like to take a moment to define how this season impacted me. I know that many of you are expecting to hear words of wisdom from a seasoned player, someone who has achieved great success on the court. But I am not that person. I am someone who has spent the majority of this season sitting on the bench, watching from the sidelines as my teammates battled it out on the court. Do not mistake my words, I hold no resentment or hate. I love this game and this team. To me basketball has always been more than just a game. I started playing basketball when I was in 4th grade, still shooting the ball with both of my hands. Basketball has been always a constant to my life. For that I wouldn’t change a single thing. For many of you, this might be a strange position to find yourself in. You might be wondering how it’s possible to feel grateful for a season spent on the bench. I won’t lie to you - there were moments when I felt like I was not good enough. But it is at times like these that I remembered why I started playing this sport in the first place. Remembering the feeling of pride and joy when I first donned the school jersey, the rush of adrenaline when I made my first basket, and the sense of accomplishment when I played my first game. I held on to these memories, and used them as a source of inspiration and motivation when I needed them the most. I grew more thankful when I came to realize that there is something to be learned from every experience. One of the most important lessons I learned this season is the importance of perseverance. Even when I struggled with anxiety about being good enough to be on this team, whether I was contributing enough, and whether I was letting everyone down, I kept showing up to practice, working hard, and supporting my teammates in any way I could. I realized that my role on the team was still important.
Another lesson I learned is the importance of embracing your unique strengths and talents. I may not have been fastest or the most skilled player, but I could bring a positive attitude, a strong work ethic, and a willingness to learn and improve. Those qualities are just as important on the court as any physical ability.
I learned that success is not always measured in terms of points scored or minutes played. Sometimes success is simply about showing up and doing your best, even when it’s hard. It’s about being a supportive teammate, a positive influence, and a person who is willing to work hard and learn from their mistakes.
So, as I stand here today, I want to say thank you to my teammates and coaches for giving me the opportunity to be part of this team.
To my whole team: Thank you for cheering me on, and for showing me what true sportsmanship looks like. We’ve faced some tough opponents, but we’ve also had some amazing victories. We’ve learned to trust each other on the court, to communicate effectively, and never give up. To those coming back next year build on these things, they are what make good teams great.
To the coaches: Thank you for pushing me to be my best.
And lastly to my parents and siblings: Thank you for coming to my games, and supporting me when I was down, and showing me so much love. I would not have been able to get here without you.
Finally, to anyone out there who is struggling with self-doubt or disappointment, I want to say this: don’t give up, keep working hard, and keep believing in yourself. You might be surprised at what you can achieve.
Thank you.
p.s. Next year she will be going to college and playing on the drum line in the marching band.

13 Likes

That’s awesome and refreshing - she must have had some great role models…I imagine you’re beaming with pride.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing that terrific speech. I’m sure her words moved the audience. (From a fellow grandfather)

2 Likes

I’ll check it out, but I already know that I hope we keep KBA for another 10+ years. If recruiting keeps trending the way it has, I think a Final Four team is not out of the question.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Is this the second assistant we’ve had get a head coach job in 2 years?