Matt McQuaid is off the board

I would expect a small class because I don’t see them needing to get a full 13 scholarships going into 2016. Also, I think the talent in the 2016 class is a bit higher. I also would agree with Dylan that there are some reasonable chances of a '16 commit before a '15 commit after offers go out in June, which would limit the size of the 2015 class.

Why no to Eric Davis & Trevor Manuel? Are we too good for these guys?
We will have a small 15 class…because we aren’t offering anyone.
Agree - -option C next year just like this year. Dissapointing we cant bring in more kids we want to even visit.

Jalen Coleman is a much better fit for what they do than Eric Davis. I never thought he would be a great fit. Obviously, the staff feels the same way. They are obviously quite deliberate and look for certain skills and types of kids. They are the ones coaching them. They should find the kids they feel are the right fit. They are winning conference titles and going deep in March. I am not mad at them. Why the need to recruit off the top 50 liat? They seem to have a good balance. I like the way they do it.

Again why a small class? We have room for 4 if Lavert goes pro. And we still don't have a high quality shot blocking/ rebounding big man.

I fear we are going to end up in the same position next spring scrambling to take plan c kids because we passed on/lost out on/slow played a lot of plan a/b kids early.

Who ever said Max was getting the 5th year hand shake or Hatch was getting a medical hardship? So where is all the room unless that happens?

Nick Baumgartner tweeted:

John Beilein talked for a few minutes at the Ufer dinner tonight, said UM may not be done with 2014 recruiting. Could use one more scholly
6:40pm - 5 May 14

Goes on to say that it likely wouldn’t be a big man, so probably means Eron Harris could be in play and maybe if we are lucky the Ukrainian kid. Who knows at this point

Sure
Devin Booker and James Blackmon were also better fits.
Then…we ended up with C players Addur Rahkman & Dawkins.
Putting all your eggs in 2 guys Jalen & Jalen . Good luck.
I guess we are in both their top 8, we know nothing more than that.

What is wrong with Dawkins and Rahkman? I think they will do well here. What are you basing your dislike of their game from?

Eric Davis/ Trevor Manuel. Also disappointed they haven't been Able to get on campus Ellenson, Stone, Grandstaff, Bacon, Ahmad.

Trevor Manuel isn’t good enough to get an offer. Averaged 6.5 points last season at Oak Hill.

Eric Davis/ Trevor Manuel. Also disappointed they haven't been Able to get on campus Ellenson, Stone, Grandstaff, Bacon, Ahmad.

Trevor Manuel isn’t good enough to get an offer. Averaged 6.5 points last season at Oak Hill.

LOL me thinks “Ben” is star gazing.

Why no to Eric Davis & Trevor Manuel? Are we too good for these guys? We will have a small 15 class....because we aren't offering anyone. Agree - -option C next year just like this year. Dissapointing we cant bring in more kids we want to even visit.

you sure are whiney…especially considering we are looking good for Coleman and have other options in 2015 PLUS we’re in on some studs in 2016.

Not to mention the coaches have earned a little more respect than you appear to be giving…

Some do know more then that, although you might not be one of them. It has been reported by multiple sources THIS WEEKEND that nothing has changed for Coleman (who almost committed to UM this past fall) and that UM leads, despite what is said publicly.

Small class because of the extreamly high interest from elite '16 kids and smaller #'s in '15. I think the most we take in '15 is three (which might actually be average) but I think 2 might happen.

Not Davis because he is a small 6’2-3 SG with average at best athletic ability. He’s not a PG. He is a scorer which is why we have some interest but dosen’t fit with what UM wants. Have you seen Manuel? Again, he’s a coordinated 6’9 kid who has some ability, but he’s not a shooter, not a strong passer & dosen’t have a great motor, and again, isn’t what you would call a classic Beilein big. You need the right fit, not just bodies based on rankings.

You sound like Matt D. He wanted things to change because HE thought he knew better. HE didn’t see Wilson’s lateral movement being sufficient. HE saw a practice tape of Wilson and saw the “same dumb move over and over” (as if Wilson wasn’t instructed to work on a single particular move) so in his eyes Beilein’s recruitment of PF 's like Wilson and UM’s approach to Big recruiting is wrong (even though this system and in particular Beilein has had nothing but success for 30 years).

What makes you think we are looking good for Coleman? He has had offer for 10 months now and done nothing with it. He has stated in an interview that he is still open to all. So what makes you think we look good for him? Other options in 2015? Only 1 other - Brunson - we are in his top 8. After that- no one looks good b/c no one has an offer and very few have visited. After an national runner up and elite 8 I wasa hoping better than stealing one from Dayton…and one from Bucknell.
Studs for 2016 - yes - agree - we will see. Hoping Seth Towns is not offered. 6’6 guy who shoots from the hip.

How many kids from the 2015 class have had offers from schools and not committed? Must be a crap load because 90% of the class is UNcommitted.
Again, MULTIPLE sources on the Coleman front. I’m not saying we are a lock, I’m saying we are right there if not lead for him. Why do you think our only options are the players we have offered up until this point? Again, Ahmad is visiting soon, Dozier will most likely take official here in fall, Eron Harris will be available soon, but if we only have 2-3 spots, were not going to offer 10 kids.

Ben - you are entitled to your opinion, but I couldn’t disagree more with your doubt in Beilein’s approach to recruiting. It’s not all about rankings and it’s not all about offering tons of kids to “show interest”. Michigan has been doing very well with players like Novak, Douglass, Morgan, Hardaway, Burke, Stauskas, LeVert, Albrecht, etc., all players outside the top 50 or off the radar entirely. Add in players like Robinson, McGary, Walton, Irvin, Chatman, who were initially under the radar and rose up the rankings into the top 50. Our staff knows how to spot talent that fits Michigan’s system and Michigan’s culture. Fact is, not every recruit fits that blueprint for system and culture. Take a deep breath and remember the program is in great hands…

Again why a small class? We have room for 4 if Lavert goes pro. And we still don't have a high quality shot blocking/ rebounding big man.

I fear we are going to end up in the same position next spring scrambling to take plan c kids because we passed on/lost out on/slow played a lot of plan a/b kids early.

Who ever said Max was getting the 5th year hand shake or Hatch was getting a medical hardship? So where is all the room unless that happens?

These things were cited over and over during the debate about taking both MAAR and Dawkins as reasons why there was plenty of room. So again, which is it? Seems like people are talking out of both sides of their mouths.

I know Webb mentioned those things could be issues that could be explored, but nobody has ever reported that those things happening were imminent. I think it will only be a 1 or 2 man class depending on how they end up liking what they have at the 5.

93grad, there is no contradiction. UM will have scholarships to give, but it likely will be a small class. 2012 had 5, 2014 had 6 (partially b/c Hatch reclassified), 2009 and 2010 had 4. On the other hand, 2013 had 3. 2015 is likely to be a small class in that it will be 3, maybe even 2. But we will have scholarships for 2 or 3 top guys.

As for “Plan C” guys, look at the top 3 recruits in the last 3 classes: 2012 - McGary, GRIII, Stausas; 2013: Irvin, Walton, Donnal; 2014 - Chatman, Wilson, Doyle. None of these were “Plan C” recruits. Indeed, those are all top 100 guys outside of Doyle, who never played AAU, had early offers from OSU, ND, PU, Creighton, etc. Even 2011 had Trey and Brundidge (a top 100 guy), etc., etc. Every year we are getting 2, usually 3 top guys, in each class, with particular depth and high-rankings the past three years. Sometimes we take one or two more, often in spring, depending on how things shake out. And those Plan C guys have worked out pretty well, overall. The results in recruiting and on the court have been pretty decent.

Can’t agree with UMHoopsFan more. While those possible scholarship opening options have been cited (Hatch medical, Bielfeldt handshake, LeVert pro), it has been predominantly to try and calm people down from worrying about scholarships being offered/available for the 2015 class. Could it be a large class and would the scholarships support it? Sure. Is that the best use of the team’s scholarships for the 2015-2016 season? Only the coaches could answer that one.

Michigan has for the last three seasons had 3 four-star types commit as UMHoopsFan points out. The depth and current size of the 2014 class allows the coaches to be more discerning in how many scholarships to award in 2015. They don’t need to give out scholarships just to hit 13 scholarships used if they don’t want to. 2016 looks to be an even better class and Michigan appears to already be in good position with a number of prospects that may well be showing up for June camp.

I guess we are in both their top 8, we know nothing more than that.

We might not…but the coaches do. Do you really not trust them at this stage?

Then....we ended up with C players Addur Rahkman & Dawkins.

Keep in mind that Tim Hardaway Jr, who just finished fifth in the NBA’s Rookie of the Year vote, was a Plan B type at best.

Not to pile on, because others have said it well, but man, if this staff hasn’t earned the benefit of the doubt at this point, I’m not sure you’ll ever be satisfied.

It will all work itself out. I have really high hopes that the 2016 class will be a super year for us. It would be amazing if we got Leaf! He would explode in our system. Seems like a great kid with a multi-faceted skill set.