Luke Kennard Decision Monday

Kennard making his choice.

Sorry, couldn’t get the link up for some reason. The article is on Zags Blog.

likely going to Duke … Beilein will likely move on to Ahrens and McQuaid

Would be nice to see some movement in the 2015 recruiting. Especially now that the season will be over soon (but not too soon I hope).

I wonder if Grandstaff from TX will become a more prominent target.

Elijah Thomas⛅️ #BSM
‏@EliCTMDThomas15
I got luke kennard going to michgan

Interesting? Seems revealing that his only official was to Duke. He had planned an official to UM but never came. Daniels and most others have him Duke bound, seems with Matthews already committed to UK and Newman a strong possibility, that he was looking around again. So strange we didn’t get an official if he was seriously interested.

I still expect him to go to Duke.

If Kennard commits elsewhere, I am curious when it will come to light exactly what “went wrong” between him and Michigan. I have absolutely no inside knowledge of the situation so I’m not implying anything fishy at all; it just seems odd that it appears UM won’t factor among his final choices when it has so much going for it – great basketball fit, on him since 8th grade, close to home, etc. The other schools certainly have a lot going for them too but you’d think UM’s long and unabashed courtship of him would have at least landed it among Luke’s finalists. Did he simply like the other schools better? Not mesh well with the players? Maybe we’ll never know…

I still expect him to go to Duke.

Looks like Thomas will tweet about anything!! He’s got no insight. Sure hope OSU doesn’t sneak in there. Ugh!!

If Kennard commits elsewhere, I am curious when it will come to light exactly what "went wrong" between him and Michigan. I have absolutely no inside knowledge of the situation so I'm not implying anything fishy at all; it just seems odd that it appears UM won't factor among his final choices when it has so much going for it -- great basketball fit, on him since 8th grade, close to home, etc. The other schools certainly have a lot going for them too but you'd think UM's long and unabashed courtship of him would have at least landed it among Luke's finalists. Did he simply like the other schools better? Not mesh well with the players? Maybe we'll never know...

Completely baseless speculation: maybe he strongly prefers Nike. It’s a commonality among all his other choices.

I thought he was a Kentucky lock because both his parents are alumni. Perhaps he pulled back because they won. Not surprised he didn’t take the official since he’ s been to Jb’s camps and knows the facilities. GAVO is probably correct smells like a Duke player.
I also think it might be too close to home and why deal with the OHIO Michigan rivalry…sometimes its over the top and he’s probably played football with a bunch of recruits.

Just saying…who knows he’s young.

Would love to get this kid…final four written all over him as a Wolverine!

Maybe the appeal of getting away from home, the rivalry, etc., is appealing to Luke as chazer says. If so, it’s hard to fault him – lots of people have those same thoughts when looking at schools. If that were the case, though, I would think it kind of odd that UM’s coaches – who only have, what, three outstanding offers for '15 kids? – didn’t divert more resources to alternative players sooner. You’d think they would have discerned Luke’s preferences over the course of four years. Then again, 17-year-olds don’t really know what they want.

Luke Kennard announced he’s going to Duke, per Jeff Goodman.

UM doesn’t have a ton of offers out right now. Hopefully Brunson and Coleman are leaning towards UM as much as the experts think.

In relation to our recent success on the court, our recruiting has been pretty dismal.

No worries. Next. Lets get more offers out there. We really only want players that really want to join us at MICHIGAN. How bout an offer to Eric Davis please.

I think Coleman is a better possibility then Brunson just so hard to pull those Chicago kids out of Chicago …

Interested to see if Michigan pursues Ahrens, McQuaid or Grandstaff in spring AAU session