Coach Beilein at the U of D vs. DLS game

Watching Winston. Love to land him!

Good to hear. Winston would be a good pickup. Seems like 2016 is where the PG focus is right now.

Great to see on road recruiting. Even if it is 2016.
We need more offers out to 2015. Eric Davis and Henry Rllenson please.
Disagree focus for pg is 2016. Brunson.

I’d LOVE to get Brunson but he’s most likely going to be a very tough get with two upperclassmen PG’s already on the roster.

I think the coaches probably know that too.

I mean it’s possible Walton could blow up and leave after next year but Jalen will probably already have made his decision by the time that could even be considered a real possibility.

For that reason I agree that we are probably going after the 16’s a little harder a little sooner than we might normally.

I don’t think top players worry about their competition as most of you think.
How is it that top programs land top players every year? Because those players don’t worry about who is already on the roster because they are confident in their skills. Go after the best you can get.

Not a fan of Brunson but the “experts” seem to think we’ll land him

http://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Jalen-Brunson-at-Adlai-Stevenson-37661/Predictions

I’d rather have Winston and Davis/Coleman personally

I like Brunson but he can’t play SG so he’d be nailed to the bench behind our two more experienced PGs

I'd LOVE to get Brunson but he's most likely going to be a very tough get with two upperclassmen PG's already on the roster.

I think the coaches probably know that too.

I mean it’s possible Walton could blow up and leave after next year but Jalen will probably already have made his decision by the time that could even be considered a real possibility.

For that reason I agree that we are probably going after the 16’s a little harder a little sooner than we might normally.

Love your optimism, but Walton is a four year player. He will be pushed very hard by any of the potential 1s we get.

Frankly at this point. Spike is better. If we can land the #1 pg recruit in 2014 it’s a NO-BRAINER.

I wasn’t being all that optistic

I don’t think top players worry about their competition as most of you think.
How is it that top programs land top players every year? Because those players don’t worry about who is already on the roster because they are confident in their skills. Go after the best you can get.

I think you’re completely and utterly wrong about that. And nobody said we weren’t going after Brunson too.

Brunson isn’t better than Walton. Even smaller, even unathletic, ranked lower in a weaker class.

Jalen Brunson consensus rank 29
Derrick Walton consensus rank 45

Brunson is a great PG, love the way he plays. Controls the game, knows the game. You take him in a heart beat.

There is a reason that JB is heavily recruiting Brunson, and I’m pretty sure he knows his personnel better than us.

Idk

2013 was the strongest class of this generation

2015 is declared the weakest of this generation and especially at the PG spot

Jalen Brunson consensus rank 29 Derrick Walton consensus rank 45

Brunson is a great PG, love the way he plays. Controls the game, knows the game. You take him in a heart beat.

Totally agree. Would love to pair him with Davis or Coleman. MSU has done pretty good with two guards 6’ 3" and under, haven’t they?

So did Louisville.
Some players are afraid of competition. Some are not.
If rather have those that want competition… To get better.

Totally agree. Would love to pair him with Davis or Coleman. MSU has done pretty good with two guards 6’ 3" and under, haven’t they?

Gary Harris is 6’5’’ in shoes

Brunson is 5’10’’
Eric Davis 6’1’’
Coleman 6’3’’

You think our perimeter defense is bad this year?
We’d be like Wisconsin, impotent defensively

Louisville won the title last year with 2 6’0 guards.
This debate is stupid.

Brunson is 5’10’’
Eric Davis 6’1’’
Coleman 6’3’’

You must have never been on the floor with Harris, he is NOT 6’5", I don’t care what your Draft Express says. Brunson and Davis are both players, and we’d be blessed to get them.

Louisville won the title last year with 2 6'0 guards. This debate is stupid.

And Gorgiu Dieng a 6’10’’ shotblocker along with Harrell and Behanan, you know, big guys who seal off the paint unlike our more offensively minded bigmen.

Brunson is 5’10’’
Eric Davis 6’1’’
Coleman 6’3’’

You must have never been on the floor with Harris, he is NOT 6’5", I don’t care what your Draft Express says. Brunson and Davis are both players, and we’d be blessed to get them.

LOL Ok man, DX has never been wrong but I’ll take your word for it.

We only have two scholarships for 2015 atm. GR3, Nik, Mitch, Morgan, Horford… all guys 6’6’’ and above. When it becomes apparent that we used one on 6’’ guys who won’t crack the rotation until their sophomore yaer and along with that, a significantly smaller defensive unit, no one at UM should ever complain about rebounding or defensive woes.

Louisville won the title last year with 2 6'0 guards. This debate is stupid.

Solid. Players are players no matter what their size. I’m sure JB isn’t concerned with what fans think about his targets height. He knows a player when he sees one!