Kameron Chatman at USA Basketball Tryouts

And Chatman already says he doesn’t care where he plays. We don’t need him at PG, we need him at the 4.

And that’s a shaky “PG” list you provided too.

If he has the handling skills and PnR acumen, he’ll feature with the ball frequently. Walton was technically our PG, but he was the third option with the ball in the halfcourt when Caris and Nik were in. So I’m not sure why webb is getting worked up about this. On offense, we really don’t have a 1-5 and JB is always looking at different ways to utilize the talent and skills on the team. The 1-5 are more important for defense with this team IMO.

Im not worked up. Its you guys who seemed worked up to shoot down the thought of Kam running the Offense. I simply want him to have a chance to prove he can do it. I never said he had to be the Starting Point guard, Not once. My thing is if he is capable of Running the Offense as a Pg what harm could come from allowing him to do so. If anything it would provide us with an advantage versus some opponents. Jumbo Lineup Kam, Caris, Zak, DJ Wilson, Donnal or Doyle. Mind you that does not have to be the Starting Lineup but an optional lineup During a Game where it gives us a clear advantage.

I don’t think anyone is saying he shouldn’t be given a chance to run the offense, it would be cool to have that kind of versatility on the team down the line. Speaking at least for myself, I just don’t see that as Kam’s biggest impact to the team from day 1. A lefty at his size and with his rebounding makes him much more of an immediate benefit to the team as a wing, specifically the GRIII type of wing. His vision will still be showcased. What he practices behind closed doors with the coaches is hard to speculate on.

For him to have any NBA aspirations, I feel he will have to man the PG position A La Brian Shaw of UC Santa Barbara. JMO, his game is much like Kyle Anderson of UCLA. Though he could add a little girth, strength and Length and develop into an Antoine Walker clone over the years.

Why do people keep thinking Kam will ever play the 1 at Michigan? Its not going to happen. I don’t even see him as a 2.

The Michigan coaches like to say that you are who you guard which is why Kam will never be a 1. Will be pass the ball frequently and occasionally bring it up? Sure, but that doesn’t make him a 1.