June 15th - Class of 2015 Offers

Going by Beilein’s criteria of a full unofficial visit before an offer… Who would you like to see offered on June 15th?

In order: Zimmerman, stone, kennard, Manuel, Coleman, Davis, bacon, Brunson, Edwards

I think the only offers that will go out are Kennard, Coleman and Stone as Zimmerman and Barefield, Brunson and Bacon have not visited yet. They will get one if and when they visit. I think they wait on Edwards for now

I think the only offers that will go out are Kennard, Coleman and Stone as Zimmerman and Barefield, Brunson and Bacon have not visited yet. They will get one if and when they visit. I think they wait on Edwards for now
According to the scholarship board, there will be two openings to fill in 2015 (and attrition for that year may be limited because when McGary and GRob go pro next spring, it will be 2014 that opens up). That said, none of the three recruits in your offer group are likely to immediately commit, so the coaches probably won't be concerned about the class filling up too quickly.

My Top 2 would be Kennard and Zimmerman, however the latter hasn’t visited. I have total faith in the coaching staff to offer the correct players however.

Offer Kennard, Coleman, Stone to start.

Offer Zimmerman, Brunson, Bacon, Barefield and Thomas when they visit.

I feel like reeling in one of the bigs is going to be a top priority. Not that we’re by any means doomed if we don’t land either Zimmerman or Stone, but it would be nice to build a reputation as a school that allows talented big to come in and have lots of offensive freedom.

Offer Kennard, Coleman, Stone to start.

Offer Zimmerman, Brunson, Bacon, Barefield and Thomas when they visit.

Sounds about right to me.

Pick 4
Barefield, Kennard, Bacon, Zimmerman

Just posting for the sake of posting, since I just joined… but I am already digging this forum. Be even nicer when traffic picks up just a bit. Anyways- I know plenty about the guys already playing for Michigan… and I heavily follow football recruiting. I am excited about this site sparking my interest in following hoops recruiting as well… keep up the good work/conversation.

I think Wolverine3 has the list of who to immediately offer just about right. I have a feeling that this summer will be much like with the 2013 class where Walton, Jackson, and Morris were all offered ASAP and we were likely to land one of the three of them. I’d guess the first offers go out to Barefield, Coleman, and Brunson, and then if the landscape changes look at Hyron Edwards.

Really hope Zimmerman can get on campus and will like what he sees. Hopefully McGary will be around to tell him more about his first year in the system.

I say we offer all the top kids that have visited with emphasis on a PG and a true BIG. Everything else is relevant to who we can pick up with this class of '14. I love Kennard with his shooting ability and use of both hands to finish, but do you really need him with Zach coming in, if we land Trevon in '14, and Stauskas isn’t going anywhere. Idk it is very difficult and daunting when going for 4 & 5 star kids. I like what Coach Beilein has done so i’ll just trust everything that he is doing.

Dingo… Barefield prob won’t be offered right away, only due to him not visiting yet. Looks like Brunson might be in soon, so I assume the first PG offer most likely goes out to him. I’m also fairly sure the staff is looking at Coleman as a combo/SG so I don’t think he would be bunched as a PG when offers go out. Or maybe better said, if he wanted to commit, I think he would take a wings spot, vs a PG’s. I think Brunson, Barefield and Sanders might be the first in line for the PG offers when they visit.

Wolv, I knew Barefield hadn’t visited, so I meant for as soon as he was going to visit. I just seemed to recall hearing that both Zimmerman and Barefield were considering visits this summer. Obviously that would be great news. I agree that I had seen Coleman as more of a combo guard, but I still would think he’ll probably get the early offer on the 15th. I agree that Barefield and Brunson are at the top of the coach’s PG board currently.