When is our next commitment?

This will be complete speculation but when does everyone think we get our next commitment? Who knows who it will be but I wonder if we don’t get a 2016 target in June when the offers go out before a 2015 commits.

Cannot understand why wing recruits would not be jumping at an offer from JB with the progress our guys have made the last few years.

We don’t have any partially b/c we only have 3 offers out. I think that’s WAY too low. Start with Eric Davis. He has been on campus. Identify more than 3 & go get !!!

Recruits are most likely waiting to see if GR3 and Nik declare for the draft plus to see if last season was a fluke.

We didn’t get 2014’s first commit until March.

Not that every situation is the same, but I could see the first to drop around March - May before summer ball starts.

It’s also likely that our next commit is a spring 2014 signee.

Recruits are most likely waiting to see if GR3 and Nik declare for the draft plus to see if last season was a fluke.

2015 recruits won’t come into the program until after Glen and Nik have completed their Junior season, if they stay that long. The only way the 15s would be competing for playing time with them, was if they stayed for their senior year. Highly improbable. How does this then affect recruits decision whether they declare this year or not. I’m confused?

2015 recruits won’t come into the program until after Glen and Nik have completed their Junior season, if they stay that long. The only way the 15s would be competing for playing time with them, was if they stayed for their senior year. Highly improbable. How does this then affect recruits decision whether they declare this year or not. I’m confused?

Getting guys to the pros is all that matters.

Getting guys to the pros is all that matters.

It’s a foregone conclusion that Glen and Nik are going to declare early at some point. Are you suggesting that recruits may not consider us in 15 if they don’t declare this year? Ridiculous. Recruits for 15 have nothing to worry about when it comes to competing for playing time with Glen and Nik. They’ll be long gone.

Most recruits in 2015 will have committed by next spring so it would be better to get guys sent to the pros THIS YEAR. I’m not sure why you focus on playing time when ELITE recruits will get that regardless? It’s the things like winning and getting guys drafted that will make us more attractive, not playing time.

Most recruits in 2015 will have committed by next spring so it would be better to get guys sent to the pros THIS YEAR. I'm not sure why you focus on playing time when ELITE recruits will get that regardless? It's the things like winning and getting guys drafted that will make us more attractive, not playing time.
if playing time isn't important, then it doesn't matter who we recruit. Your initial though was a year off, and the 15s won't be affected by Glen and Niks decision one bit. And you know that, or at least I thought you did.
Most recruits in 2015 will have committed by next spring so it would be better to get guys sent to the pros THIS YEAR. I'm not sure why you focus on playing time when ELITE recruits will get that regardless? It's the things like winning and getting guys drafted that will make us more attractive, not playing time.
if playing time isn't important, then it doesn't matter who we recruit. Your initial though was a year off, and the 15s won't be affected by Glen and Niks decision one bit. And you know that, or at least I thought you did.

LOL ok

I think I’ll take quotes from recruits saying that they look at who puts people into the pros over your inferences.

Glenn and Nik become first rounders and suddenly a chance at some of the guys like Kennard and Zimmerman become more realistic. Simple.

Wish people would stop mentioning Kennard. He’s locked and loaded for Kentucky. We simply have 2 offers now. Coleman and Brunson. Love to see offers to Ellenson and Eric Davis.

Kennard isn’t a lock for anything. He’s 2015’s Blackmon Jr. If UK wants Newman and Matthews more, who are both higher rated, then Kennard will have to go elsewhere.

Why should we stop mentioning a guy whose going to visit our campus in the Spring?

Fine to keep trying. Doesn’t hurt. But. Kennard will comitt to Kentucky by end of junior year to ensure he has his spot there. So get more offers out there.

LOL ok

I think I’ll take quotes from recruits saying that they look at who puts people into the pros over your inferences.

Glenn and Nik become first rounders and suddenly a chance at some of the guys like Kennard and Zimmerman become more realistic. Simple.

Zimmerman? Thought you gave up on him months ago. Seem to remember you referencing his Mother's comments inferring that we weren't even in the conversation. Know something that I don't? Kennard (IMO) is not seriously interested in us, whether we put two guys in the pros this year or not.

LOL ok

Zimmerman? Thought you gave up on him months ago. Seem to remember you referencing his Mother's comments inferring that we weren't even in the conversation. Know something that I don't? Kennard (IMO) is not seriously interested in us, whether we put two guys in the pros this year or not.

Kennard is going to take an official visit. You don’t think we have a chance, fine, but it’s okay for some of us not to bow out yet.

I don’t believe we have a chance with Zimmerman as is but if we put 4 guys into the league this summer, it will mean a ton. I’m not understanding whats hard to understand about that concept?

Wish people would stop mentioning Kennard. He's locked and loaded for Kentucky. We simply have 2 offers now. Coleman and Brunson. Love to see offers to Ellenson and Eric Davis.
It appears the coaches were more enamored with Brunson and Coleman than Davis, and will take either if they bite. It's just a difficult get in my opinion. I can assure you that Davis is a legitimate Big Ten player, and would be a great get. He isn't a plan B by any means, as far as ability.
Kennard isn't a lock for anything. He's 2015's Blackmon Jr. If UK wants Newman and Matthews more, who are both higher rated, then Kennard will have to go elsewhere.

Why should we stop mentioning a guy whose going to visit our campus in the Spring?

It seems obligatory to me at this point. Won’t be surprised at all if he commits before then.

I really want Coleman. He’s my 1A.
I don’t think we are gonna grab either Stone or big Zimmerman, but Ellenson looks like a great fit.

I’d hate to go from having two 6’6’’ guys playing the wing to a 6’3’’ guy. Really hope we plan on transitioning any comboguard we take into a PG.