Josh Langford Offered

Meyer thinks Langford is a KU and UM battle and has him going to us. He is also an Adidas kid.

KU is after a ton of top 25 guards (Josh Jackson, Kobi Simmons, Jayson Tatum, etc) so have to wonder who is priority.

Rumor is that Langford’s dream school is Duke…sigh. A poster on another blog provided Langford’s twitter page and I’d probably say that has some merit. Duke hasn’t even reached out to Langford at this point per Jerry Meyer. If that happens, I would expect things to unfold rather quickly with regard to Battle and Langford, basically a race between the 2 for that spot at Duke. If Battle wins that race I think it would help us out a lot. Stylistically we’re a much better fit for Langford, but KU is much closer, so that’s always a factor.

Pretty sure the Joshlangford44 Twitter account is fake.

Balas says UM will be a major player for Langford

Zero surprise, Madison, Ala., four-star SG Josh Langford offered by Mich. Wolverines will be a major player in this one.

— Chris Balas (@Balas_Wolverine) August 9, 2014

I have confirmed that Michigan and Michigan State have both officially offered ESPN 60 SG Josh Langford @espnrnhoops

— Reggie Rankin (@ReggieRankin) August 9, 2014

#USC has offered 2016 combo-guard Josh Langford from Madison (AL) Academy. He's a Scout five-star recruit.

— Lindsey Thiry (@LindseyThiry) August 9, 2014

Certain schools offer when other schools offer.

Seriously. Did those offers just come in?

In Rivals article (not paywalled) we get this quote. Likely from an older article, but still interesting.

“He and Coach [John] Beilein talk all the time,” Mr. Langford said. “He really likes Michigan. They are the aristocracy of educational institutions and also have a good basketball program, have had good success developing pros, so why not get a great education while pursuing his lifelong dream [of the NBA?]”

I didn’t even know that MSU was actively pursuing him.

I definitely like that Beilein is going all out on the scholarships. I think he's learned that it's VERY hard to get your top choice, so offering multiple top talents at each position makes the drop off if we don't get our top choice very minimal.

Michigan has also never really been able to get this many five-star/high four-star level prospects to visit from across the country.

Exactly. After we made the national championship game, I think a lot of fans were expecting a bigger immediate recruiting bump. We’re seeing that major bump now. It also helps that we followed up an appearance in the championship game with an Elite 8 showing, and it helps A LOT that we now have 4 1st round draft picks in the last two years, plus a pattern of guys outperforming their recruiting rankings.

MSU actively pursues anyone we do after they gain knowledge of that fact. Seems to be their calling for the last 2 years

Seems like that at times, but comes with the territory of recruiting the mid west, just seems like Beilein and staff uncover the Indiana/ Ohio guys a little quicker than Beilein.

Langford would be a great get for the staff, as would Dozier, Battle, or Coleman as well. Kind of wondering if there is anything more regarding Bruce Brown who seemed to have very mutual interest and great things to say about the staff. Really liked his upside too.

I’m hoping for Derryck Thornton, Langford and TJ Leaf but that may be a little too optimistic.

Between 2015 and 2016, an elite PG and 2 elite wings…everything else is gravy.

We can all hope, HAIL…

Stylistically we're a much better fit for Langford, but KU is much closer, so that's always a factor.

We’re actually closer than KU, so let’s hope that is a factor.

As we saw with Teske, being the main priority of the team goes a long way in impressing a recruit.

Sometimes this is true, but other times a Coach K or Cashapari come rolling in and that prioritization goes out the window.

Stylistically we're a much better fit for Langford, but KU is much closer, so that's always a factor.

We’re actually closer than KU, so let’s hope that is a factor.

Good catch, I think this is obviously a good thing

The biggest thing with KU is that Langford’s AAU teammates Kobi Simmons and Braxton Blackwell have offers

If I’m not mistaken, doesn’t KU have an abundance of wings already on the team? A lot can change between now and the early signing period for 2016s, but that may play against them when it comes to getting Langford to climb aboard.

Not really…Oubre, Sviat, Selden and Green will all be gone. Duke, on the other hand, will have a glutton of wings with Kennard/Allen/Jones/Semi/Ingram(?)