Jon Teske commits

Man - -That was tough to watch. I just found myself telling myself thank goodness this guy has 2 or maybe 3 years before he sees the floor. Needs a lot of work......Pure Project.

He is downright dominant on defense

Yes - At this point- Defense is undoubtedly way ahead of his offense.

When it rains, it pours! Welcome Jon and GO BLUE!!

Stealing a 7-footer out of OSU’s backyard is a huge win for the program. Letting Teske fall to UM was a huge mistake by Matta and co IMO. I don’t care if you’re getting a top-50 player at the same position (which they are, but from FLA or something…), you can’t let a talented kid go who:

1. is from your home state
  2. is a big big fan of your school
  3. you liked enough to offer
  4. is going to your most heated rival that you’re going to play 2+ times per year
  5. plays a position of need for your rival

It’s not a great strategy. A mistake that hopefully Teske will make OSU pay for for four years!

If Teske can block/alter shots and rebound, I could really care less about his offense to be honest. That alone will help this team tremendously

Definitely. And he’s only like 16 year old or so.

Can’t wait to see how he can develop over the next 3 years or so.

Hopefully we don’t see anymore 75%+ disagree ratings on here.

Stealing a 7-footer out of OSU’s backyard is a huge win for the program. Letting Teske fall to UM was a huge mistake by Matta and co IMO. I don’t care if you’re getting a top-50 player at the same position (which they are, but from FLA or something…), you can’t let a talented kid go who:

4. is going to your most heated rival that you’re going to play 2+ times per year

It’s not a great strategy. A mistake that hopefully Teske will make OSU pay for for four years!

The first person that came to mind when I read this was Amir Williams for Ohio State, and I thought that was pretty funny.

Hopefully we don't see anymore 75%+ disagree ratings on here.
It needed to be done. From the sample size of his that I've seen, he was completely negative almost all the time, and didn't add much insight to the forums either. Anybody that gets that many disagrees is doing something wrong!

The first person that came to mind when I read this was Amir Williams for Ohio State, and I thought that was pretty funny.

Haha, touché. But if 2 were at all true for Amir Williams, he’d be a Wolverine. He’s been fairly disappointing at OSU thus far, IMO actually.

Teske bumped up to 4 star status and #75 overall on ESPN, I expect the other sites to follow suit shortly. No way this kid wasn’t a top 100 player with his ability to change games on the defensive end. Looking forward to Teske anchoring our defense in 2017

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/203071/jon-teske

Still think he is going to be a much better offensive performer than his highlights show. As he grows and matures, his agility will allow him to be effective in both pick and pop/roll situations. Supposedly he and Winston ran that to perfection at camp with Jon scoring 10-12 straight points. His HS team doesn’t incorporate him hardly at all in their offense, but the coaches seem to LOVE what they’ve seen of him in camps. If he can successfully add strength and fill out his frame with maturity, we will have a gem. Hopefully the start of a recruiting bonanza in 16.

Teske up to #105 in the updated 247 rankings. Pumped that we have game changing shot blocker in the mix

After being impressed with the strength and conditioning gains from Ricky, and also what I see from Teske so early, Not too worried about the 5 spot in the coming years. I’ll be shocked if Teske isn’t top 75 when all is said and done.

After being impressed with the strength and conditioning gains from Ricky, and also what I see from Teske so early, Not too worried about the 5 spot in the coming years. I'll be shocked if Teske isn't top 75 when all is said and done.

Already is on ESPN, see my post above

Some new film from Teske in March - he ended up with 11pts, 6rebs, 8blocks. Caveats apply because the opposition looks really small, but this is probably the best I’ve seen Teske look from an offensive standpoint. Looks stronger, more balanced and explosive, and more fluid with his feet. Will need to be able to go over his right shoulder at the next level though (in other words go left). Always get the customary blocked shots and good lateral movement from Jon on defense.

If you want to simply watch Teske highlights (mixed in with a lot of interview footage), simply forward to the 7:40 mark and the Teske centric footage lasts until the 10:10 mark.

Otherwise, I’ve marked notable plays as reflected below:

Offense

1:48 - seals defender with improved strength and balance for dunk

2:10 - nice seal for 10ft hook shot

3:45 - overpowers smaller defender for dropstep hookshot

4:47 - really impressed with this - curls to high post and drops perfect entry pass over D for layp - exact way we used Mitch vs. Syracuse

5:44 - slips the screen with good timing and finishes with dunk

Defense (8 blocks)

2:05 - nice helpside block

2:16 - stays vertical for block

3:35 - stays vertical for block

3:53 - block

3:58 - good lateral movement to stick with guard and then block

4:20 - helpside block

5:25 - sticks with guard then block

Thanks, MattD. Appreciate it.

Don’t know about explosive, but I agree that he is pretty fluid with good feet for a gangly 6’10" soph, and I think that that’s what you look for when projecting a young big man who has yet to fill out. He’s also pretty quick off his feet, which helps with shot blocking.

Don't know about explosive, but I agree that he is pretty fluid with good feet for a gangly 6'10" soph, and I think that that's what you look for when projecting a young big man who has yet to fill out. He's also pretty quick off his feet, which helps with shot blocking.

See the quantifier “more” placed before balanced and just prior to the explosive reference, which translates to this being relative to previous films we’ve seen. Perhaps I could’ve done a better job conveying that. In any event, I agree, Teske isn’t explosive, but more explosive in relation to what we’ve seen previously.

Teske up to 4star/#80 overall on Scout. Now consensus 4 star

Great seeing @Coach_JMeyer at open gym tonight!! #GoBlue

— Jon Teske (@JonTeske) September 12, 2014

Teske with 13pts, 17rebs, 5 blocks in a victory. Looks like Hughes dropped 18pts as well

http://www.prephoopsohio.com/news_article/show/466092?referrer_id=1412855