John Beilein starting this evaluation period off in

Louisville, Kentucky at AAU Nationals.

He’s watching King James 16s already per Steve Jones. I suspect he’ll check in on guys like Jalen Coleman, Jon Teske, Kenny Williams and others while he’s there.

I’d bet he’ll head to Colorado later in the week for the USA Basketball 17U trials which feature most of the best class of 2016 players in the country including Thornton, Goodin, Leaf, Battle, Devearl Ramsey, Josh Langford and more.

Is Beilein still officially associated with the USA Basketball program? Is that why he gets to attend, or is it open to all?

Is Beilein still officially associated with the USA Basketball program? Is that why he gets to attend, or is it open to all?

To all

Hearing that Beilein is there for All-Ohio Red, but doesn’t sound like Jalen Coleman is there. Esa Ahmad is.

All Ohio Red is playing right now

Beilein watching Kenny Williams right now.

Isn’t Seth Towns in Louisville?

Yes he is. Forgot him in my original post.

Has the staff completely cooled on Brunson? I haven’t read much of anything on any staff heavily recruiting him after his father’s legal situation.

Staff hasn’t watched him since February.

Rivals said an assistant was watching him at the Fab 48, although that doesn’t mean they weren’t watching someone else.

Rivals said an assistant was watching him at the Fab 48, although that doesn't mean they weren't watching someone else.

I should say Beilein hasn’t since February.

JB checking in on The Family - Winston & Bowen; Davis plays up a year

Dwayne Stephens and John Beilein about to watch Brian Bowen and Cassius Winston with the Family 16U. @scoopIPS @umhoops @HondoCarpenter

— Jay W. Jensen (@PrepHoopsTV) July 24, 2014
Rivals said an assistant was watching him at the Fab 48, although that doesn't mean they weren't watching someone else.

Looks like JB has checked out Brunson recently:

And John Beilien has joined the crew watching Mac Irvin vs City Rocks

— Brian Flinn (@BFlinnFuture150) July 18, 2014
JB checking in on The Family - Winston & Bowen; Davis plays up a year

Dwayne Stephens and John Beilein about to watch Brian Bowen and Cassius Winston with the Family 16U. @scoopIPS @umhoops @HondoCarpenter

— Jay W. Jensen (@PrepHoopsTV) July 24, 2014

Yep, made it up to Fort Wayne. Suspect he’ll be in Colorado tomorrow.

Looks like JB has checked out Brunson recently:

And John Beilien has joined the crew watching Mac Irvin vs City Rocks

— Brian Flinn (@BFlinnFuture150) July 18, 2014

It was 16u

John Beilein, Thad Matta, Greg McDermott and Jim Larranaga here to watch a 16u matchup between City Rocks and Mac Irvin Fire.

— Dan McDonald (@DMcDonaldHoops) July 18, 2014

Wonder who from the Chi area JB has in the radar?

Wonder who from the Chi area JB has in the radar?

Ben Coupet probably

There is also a big 6’9 shooter from St. Joseph’s, the same school that Isiah Thomas and Evan Turner went to. Nick Rakocevic

I have no idea if there is a mutual interest but he fits the shooting the three 5 man like a Pittsnogle at WVU

Yep. I assume Beilein was in Ft. Wayne to stop by and see Cassius/Brian Bowen and stopped by to watch the Mac Irvin game while he was there. Don’t think there are many other major teams there.