Garret Tucker(Future150 Recruiting Analyst) - it will be either MSU or Kentucky for Devin Booker

https://twitter.com/GTuckerF150

Didn’t want this to get lost in the general Devin Booker thread, so figured it was worth its own thread. Generally wouldn’t put too much stock into something like this considering the source isn’t well known, but a few weeks ago during a Freep live chat another analyst stated that MSU held a slight lead for Booker. Not saying that Booker won’t ultimately choose Michigan, but at this point I don’t think Michigan has a the presumed lead that most thought.

I wouldn’t put too much stock in this. In my opinion, he will consider all of his remaining options and only he and his family have an inclination where he is leaning (if he is leaning). Not sure where these analysts get off thinking they have a clue. Wasn’t it just a few weeks ago that one of these analysts proclaimed it was between Duke and Michigan for Looney? How did that guess turn out? Guess that one didn’t stick to the wall.

Didn’t want this to get lost in the general Devin Booker thread, so figured it was worth its own thread. Generally wouldn’t put too much stock into something like this considering the source isn’t well known, but a few weeks ago during a Freep live chat another analyst stated that MSU held a slight lead for Booker. Not saying that Booker won’t ultimately choose Michigan, but at this point I don’t think Michigan has a the presumed lead that most thought.

Tucker is well known enough to those who follow recruiting. Future 150 is pretty nice site.

Tucker is well known enough to those who follow recruiting. Future 150 is pretty nice site.

Future150 is a nice site, but it is still ridiculous for people to say someone is in the lead when the player has said nothing indicating this.

@ajerome33 That’s usually how things work FWIW.

I think it’s fair to be nervous about the MSU and especially UK visits. Kentucky is going to make a push for Booker to commit and they aren’t going to want him to take more visits. He’s the priority for the Wildcats – ahead of Blackmon (who is taking his official later). It’s also worth noting that Booker is – I believe – taking his UK and MSU officials the same weekened as Chicago PG (and Booker’s friend) Tyler Ulis.

I agree its fair to be nervous, especially when Kentucky is involved. They seem to get nearly anyone they want these days. I just think too much is made out of recruiting analyst predictions and tweets…that’s all. 16-17 year old kids are often not of the most resolute mindset…they change their minds and opinions quickly and often.

@ajerome33 That's usually how things work FWIW.

I think it’s fair to be nervous about the MSU and especially UK visits. Kentucky is going to make a push for Booker to commit and they aren’t going to want him to take more visits. He’s the priority for the Wildcats – ahead of Blackmon (who is taking his official later). It’s also worth noting that Booker is – I believe – taking his UK and MSU officials the same weekened as Chicago PG (and Booker’s friend) Tyler Ulis.

Would Kentucky take Booker, Rashad Vaughn, and Stanley Johnson? It’s very possible they get the latter 2. Also, are they really interested in Ulis? Maybe showing interest in him is a sign of how much they like Booker? Would Booker really prefer to play with a freshman Ulis than a sophomore Walton as PG? These are all questions running through my head.