'14 MS G - Devin Booker (UM Offer)

Guard – 6-foot-4, 180 pounds
Moss Point, MS (Moss Point)
AAU: Alabama Challenge
Class of 2014

UM Hoops Profile

Is Drew Neitzel allowed to recruit Booker for MSU? Booker has retweeted several messages from Neitzel, as well as from Draymond Green.

If we’re
st throwing the rules out the window, why dont we get Jalen and CWebb on the case?

I think that if Michigan stays in his recruitment until the end, there’s always a shot to get him into the class. Getting him on campus again certainly can’t hurt. It sounds like Missouri is much less of a factor now after his recruitment has blown up?

I think that if Michigan stays in his recruitment until the end, there's always a shot to get him into the class. Getting him on campus again certainly can't hurt. It sounds like Missouri is much less of a factor now after his recruitment has blown up?

I think M is in as good shape as anyone; my take is UK might be the biggest competition once Duke got Grayson Allen (another SG) & UNC got Theo Pinson. It was obviously a good sign Booker made it to the Elite camp…

Devin - -Its time to commit bro. Pull the trigger. Its gonna be a nice ride.

Neitzel can tweet someone he has a relation with (friend, family) with before his time as a recruited player. If he has no prior connection and its a one time violation, its very minor and MSU would likely self report it, if not self reported, it would likely still be called a minor infraction and end there. Maybe only if there was a lot of contact and he ends up at MSU might it end up leading to more.

Found this on the web written by USC compliance dept, it explains things well. http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/usc/genrel/auto_pdf/2011-12/misc_non_event/boosters.pdf

@siliconvalleyumfan And considering both guys are from the GR area, I’m sure they’ve ran into each other before. Harmless IMO.

With Duke getting a SG already and UNC has 2 wings in the fold plus Rashard Vaughn is a supposed lean. I got to think this comes down to UK vs UM

http://midnightmaize.blogspot.com/2013/06/mini-scouting-reportdevin-booke

Everyone talks about his jump shot (which doesn’t disappoint here), but he’s certainly not lacking in athleticism either. Would be a HUGE get.

Kid really is a perfect fit to play off the ball at Michigan. Shooting, versatility, full package.

Couldn’t agree more…he is as perfect a fit for a John Beilein 2 guard as there can be. I would love to see him in the Maize and Blue.

This made me like Booker and want him to commit to Michigan that much more…

Nice to see the athleticism. Already knew he was silky smooth with an excellent jumper. BTW I tweeted last night that that my Michigan 2014 wish list was Looney, Booker, and Chatman. Chatman and his mother both retweeted.

Nice to see the athleticism. Already knew he was silky smooth with an excellent jumper. BTW I tweeted last night that that my Michigan 2014 wish list was Looney, Booker, and Chatman. Chatman and his mother both retweeted.

I saw that!

Perfect 2 in Beilein’s system. Hopefully he saw the opportunities available in the offense this past season.

The question is whether he’s going to be willing to come off the bench for a year with us when other coaches are offering him a starting spot right out of the gate.

Booker video on the main page, rare chance to see some game film http://www.umhoops.com/2013/06/18/scouting-video-devin-booker-at-nbpa-top-100-camp/

what’s the chances that michigan can bring this kid in? We have no 14 recruits yet what will be our best bets to come?